Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undercoating ... Coming from ICE....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO living in Alberta and coming from an ICE vehicle, undercoating is usually a best practice when purchasing a new vehicle.

I have never been under one of these vehicles so I have no clue how the rust, wear and tear can happen underneath.

First off, has anyone ever put undercoat on their Tesla and second, would it be a good idea to ween off rust ( if the underside rusts or not )

Let me know!

The bottom of the Model X (and S for that matter) is a solid sheet of metal (steel, aluminum, some titanium, with a plastic coating I believe). There are no nooks and crannies for water, salt and grime to sneak in and hang out while oxidation/corrosion occurs. So, undercoating is not necessary. Another advantage of an EV.

The bottom of the Model X (and S for that matter) is a solid sheet of metal (steel, aluminum, some titanium, with a plastic coating I believe). There are no nooks and crannies for water, salt and grime to sneak in and hang out while oxidation/corrosion occurs. So, undercoating is not necessary. Another advantage of an EV.

I dunno. When I brought my X into SC complaining that the accelerator pedal creaked when moved and needed some lubrication (or so I thought), SC reported that debris had accumulated next to the titanium plate and was causing the creaking. I don't know, but they removed the debris and the noise went away. So, some nooks and crannies must exist. Undercoating is still a scam, just sayin'

I dunno. When I brought my X into SC complaining that the accelerator pedal creaked when moved and needed some lubrication (or so I thought), SC reported that debris had accumulated next to the titanium plate and was causing the creaking. I don't know, but they removed the debris and the noise went away. So, some nooks and crannies must exist. Undercoating is still a scam, just sayin'
while there could be places where debris could accumulate the metals used are not prone to corrosion and do not need any extra coatings for protection from the elements.