Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UnderFrequency fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All—

I am living in in Berlin and my roadster is at my parents’ house in Pennsylvania. It’s been charging fine in storage mode on a 115V outlet since February but is now throwing the following alerts (via OVMS):

UnderFrequency warning
UnderFrequency fault
UnderVoltage warning

I’ve tried dropping the amps from 12A to 10A and we’ve moved the plug to a different outlet that’s not far from the main panel, so I don’t think there should be any voltage sag, but neither has made a difference.

Any other ideas?

—Paul

not sure if he needs to get it upgraded for these errors but doesn't seems his sheets and or battery is getting enough voltage when he is plugging charging at 10-12A.

I'm sure majority of amps are going into the other components of the car and not giving enough voltage to the battery. Should definitely try to dial up to 15A if you can on the 120v outlet. Moreover, the sheets could be off balanced from charging at low state of charge for a few months which would require 240v outlet and higher voltage to get the sheets properly balanced again.

I got confused with his Under Voltage warning with D: 276 BSM: V_ESS too low at end of precharge in which I assumed automatically it was the 400v controller. Which eventually he could have this error if he continues what he's doing which does kinda point back to the 400v controller.

400 V Controller - Upgrade

Last edited: