TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Underline on a badge for Ludicrous

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by alpax, Jul 11, 2018.

1. alpax

alpax Member

If the P90D has Ludicrous mode, does it always come with an underline on the badge?
    Mine doesn't have the underline, but does have the Ludicrous mode, and shows underline where P90D logo is displayed on the screen.
    I believe I read somewhere that when Tesla did the "Ludicrous" upgrade on the Performance models, which didn't have it originally, they also changed the badge. Is that true?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

In general Luda has the underline ...what matters is u have the fuse and the software change ..if u want the line just get from Tesla ...when I originally bought a P85+ back in 2013 it came from factory without the “+” I just brought to service center and they put on for me no charge

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Since L isn’t optional any more and was at the beginning, it’s a difficult question. The 3, as you’ve seen, is using the underline for P mode (in general).

So, wonder if ‘standards’ are changing? (Yes, of course S and X’s have a ‘P’ and the 3 doesn’t.).

4. alpax

alpax Member

Yeah, I was thinking about that - if it's supposed to be there, Tesla service center may just put it on if I'll ask politely. :)

• Like x 2
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Personally the line does nothing for me.. on my car I would liked for Tesla to have differentiated the interior differently like I had previously on AMG, M cars :oops:

6. kev1n

kev1n Member

i couldnt agree more.. the P models should of came with a lip kit / different interior(something like throwing in red accents shouldn't be hard like the original P85 interior)

• Like x 1
  7. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I'm sure they will. They even upgrade, without prompting, the badges of 60kWh and 70kWh S owners that did a remote software unlock to the full 75kWh pack.

8. logan

logan Member

I had an original P85 and no red accents anywhere? But absolutely Tesla could learn a thing or two from AMG...

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

P85 (+) if you got the Performance interior it had nice red piping on the seats and if I recall there was some Alcantara in the mix as well ...*sigh* I miss that car :(

10. logan

logan Member

Gotcha, my P85 was even before the + option haha. I don't miss the quality of it :D

• Funny x 1
  11. kev1n

kev1n Member

its only on the black

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  12. alpax

alpax Member

So, why did you put it in your signature? ;)
    jk :)

Yeah, that would be a nice touch. Model 3 Performance does offer a unique white interior right now, they do need some interesting interior features in Model S PxxxD as well.

13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

It’s an “underscore” not “underline” ;)... I created my username before Luda was even a term ... the top of line car was the “+” :D:eek:

14. alpax

alpax Member

I meant the signature:
    2018 Pearl White X P100D
    :)

• Love x 1
  15. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

I think an underscore is the underline with a blank space: _____

It's an underline when there are characters above the line, as in the P100D emblem.

In any case, I debadged mine :)

• Love x 1