Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underline on a badge for Ludicrous

alpax

Mar 13, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
If the P90D has Ludicrous mode, does it always come with an underline on the badge?
Mine doesn't have the underline, but does have the Ludicrous mode, and shows underline where P90D logo is displayed on the screen.
I believe I read somewhere that when Tesla did the "Ludicrous" upgrade on the Performance models, which didn't have it originally, they also changed the badge. Is that true?

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
In general Luda has the underline ...what matters is u have the fuse and the software change ..if u want the line just get from Tesla ...when I originally bought a P85+ back in 2013 it came from factory without the “+” I just brought to service center and they put on for me no charge

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Since L isn’t optional any more and was at the beginning, it’s a difficult question. The 3, as you’ve seen, is using the underline for P mode (in general).

So, wonder if ‘standards’ are changing? (Yes, of course S and X’s have a ‘P’ and the 3 doesn’t.).

alpax

Mar 13, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
In general Luda has the underline ...what matters is u have the fuse and the software change ..if u want the line just get from Tesla ...when I originally bought a P85+ back in 2013 it came from factory without the “+” I just brought to service center and they put on for me no charge
Yeah, I was thinking about that - if it's supposed to be there, Tesla service center may just put it on if I'll ask politely. :)

Reactions: boaterva and P85_DA

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
Personally the line does nothing for me.. on my car I would liked for Tesla to have differentiated the interior differently like I had previously on AMG, M cars :oops:

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
Personally the line does nothing for me.. on my car I would liked for Tesla to have differentiated the interior differently like I had previously on AMG, M cars :oops:

i couldnt agree more.. the P models should of came with a lip kit / different interior(something like throwing in red accents shouldn't be hard like the original P85 interior)

Reactions: P85_DA

Derek Kessler

Apr 15, 2016
Cincinnati
Yeah, I was thinking about that - if it's supposed to be there, Tesla service center may just put it on if I'll ask politely. :)
I'm sure they will. They even upgrade, without prompting, the badges of 60kWh and 70kWh S owners that did a remote software unlock to the full 75kWh pack.

logan

Dec 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
i couldnt agree more.. the P models should of came with a lip kit / different interior(something like throwing in red accents shouldn't be hard like the original P85 interior)

I had an original P85 and no red accents anywhere? But absolutely Tesla could learn a thing or two from AMG...

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
P85 (+) if you got the Performance interior it had nice red piping on the seats and if I recall there was some Alcantara in the mix as well ...*sigh* I miss that car :(

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
I had an original P85 and no red accents anywhere? But absolutely Tesla could learn a thing or two from AMG...

its only on the black

2014-tesla-models-front-seatsjpg.jpg

• Love

alpax

Mar 13, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Personally the line does nothing for me..
So, why did you put it in your signature? ;)
jk :)

on my car I would liked for Tesla to have differentiated the interior differently like I had previously on AMG, M cars :oops:
Yeah, that would be a nice touch. Model 3 Performance does offer a unique white interior right now, they do need some interesting interior features in Model S PxxxD as well.

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
It’s an “underscore” not “underline” ;)... I created my username before Luda was even a term ... the top of line car was the “+” :D:eek:

cryptyk

Jul 8, 2015
United States
It’s an “underscore” not “underline” ;)... I created my username before Luda was even a term ... the top of line car was the “+” :D:eek:

I think an underscore is the underline with a blank space: _____

It's an underline when there are characters above the line, as in the P100D emblem.

In any case, I debadged mine :)

• Love

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC