Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underpriced 2018 MR LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This this not my vehicle, but it popped up in an iSeeCars email alert I've yet to unsubscribe from...

So if there is someone looking in the Seattle Area, then you might want to move quickly on this vehicle.

Based off Photos it looks like it has FSD, which I think would price this car (via Tesla Used Inventory Website) around 42-43k.

I'm guessing you could negotiate this down to 40k maybe with some aggressive haggling.

Used Cars for Sale: Search 3 Million Listings & 319,597 Deals - iSeeCars.com

upload_2020-7-2_8-33-39.png

image-27.jpg

This would be a comp from Tesla Used Inventory Website: (Plus you would have to pay transport fees)

upload_2020-7-2_8-38-27.png

Anyways... just putting the word out.

I don't think so, I believe the well publicized story is a case where the original owner never bought FSD and received it by accident.

So Tesla performed an audit later after the owner had moved on and a new owner had taken possession.

I don't think that Tesla was specifically aware the vehicle had changed owners at the time.

Anyways, from what I read FSD was restored as it was determined that the new owner bought the vehicle in good faith and Tesla was sympathetic to it.

I checked the VIN with Tesla.
It does not have EAP or FSD.
It may be stripped off after I purchase it.

I know of quite a few cars sold in 2017 and 2018 that had their FSD or EAP left enabled at delivery even though it wasn’t optioned for it. The online config and MVPA didn’t notate it.

It was made very clear to me at the time that it was being done as a courtesy or goodwill gesture and would be stripped when we sold the vehicle just as our FUSC would. In our case, we had issues during delivery with the vehicle and after some back and forth, delivery agreed to leave EAP enabled in exchange for us taking the vehicle as-is.

i resold one of those vehicles private party to a friend and told them it was a hit or miss whether they’d get to keep it. It’s been about 2 years and he still has both FUSC and EAP but can’t upgrade to FSD because the portal wants the full $9-10k upgrade From nothing to FSD

the unethical part of this comes into play where some of these cars ended up being sold to Carmax or other dealers and they assumed they had EAP or what have you. Next buyer purchases it and as soon as they registered it with Tesla, they lost everything and now are in a tussle with Tesla and the third party dealer over what it does or doesn’t have. (We’ve all read the threads of this happening)

If buying private party, always ask for the online config from their portal; don’t even accept a sticker (monroney) as the sticker may show EAP or FSD as well on older vehicles but was stripped prior to delivery. I have numerous stickers that show EAP or wheel upgrades and i removed them at the time of purchase to lower lease payment or what not.

Last edited: