Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding January Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to understand the Tesla factory schedule. It seems the folks who did not take delivery by Jan 1 are now waiting until Feb/March. Why is this? Does the Fremont factory not constantly produce Model 3 cars? I've seen a few posts mentioning Tesla builds export cars are the beginning of the quarter. I can't seem to find any web-sites describing Tesla's build schedule. I'm hoping somebody on the Forum can enlighten me and others. I knew the expected delivery date when I ordered; just curious really.

Thanks in advance.

M3P Order, 12/28/20.

I'm trying to understand the Tesla factory schedule. It seems the folks who did not take delivery by Jan 1 are now waiting until Feb/March. Why is this? Does the Fremont factory not constantly produce Model 3 cars? I've seen a few posts mentioning Tesla builds export cars are the beginning of the quarter. I can't seem to find any web-sites describing Tesla's build schedule. I'm hoping somebody on the Forum can enlighten me and others. I knew the expected delivery date when I ordered; just curious really.

Thanks in advance.

M3P Order, 12/28/20.

They ship overseas the first month of a quarter, as you mention you read.

EDIT: tesla does not have that "posted" anywhere, its just what we know from watching them over the past 2 years.

Last edited: