Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding PGE/SVCE electricity bills/TrueUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to PG&E, they only send the black & white bill to customers with Solar + Storage now... perhaps you could make a special request.

Yup, I have PV + Powerwalls on an EV2A Rate Plan.

Anyway, they did send me a new black and white ebill (PDF) after I asked for a manual bill-pull. What's weird is normally the black and white bill is 11 pages (July 12 and Sept 12 bills are each 11 pages). But the special version of the period ending August 12 bill is 16 pages, and has a bunch of extra numbers and odd cuts of reporting data.

At first I thought this was because EV2A had switched to Winter reporting, but that's not the case since Summer extends through September 30. Nothing makes sense with PG&E lololol. But now I need to re-learn how to read this one particular black and white bill since this is some weird unbundled wackiness.

I think we really need that TED talk still about how to interpret these paired storage bills... this stuff is whack.

1632235957826.png

Yup, I have PV + Powerwalls on an EV2A Rate Plan.

Anyway, they did send me a new black and white ebill (PDF) after I asked for a manual bill-pull. What's weird is normally the black and white bill is 11 pages (July 12 and Sept 12 bills are each 11 pages). But the special version of the period ending August 12 bill is 16 pages, and has a bunch of extra numbers and odd cuts of reporting data.

At first I thought this was because EV2A had switched to Winter reporting, but that's not the case since Summer extends through September 30. Nothing makes sense with PG&E lololol. But now I need to re-learn how to read this one particular black and white bill since this is some weird unbundled wackiness.

I think we really need that TED talk still about how to interpret these paired storage bills... this stuff is whack.

View attachment 712354
It is next to impossible to decipher the black and white bill, I think they do that on purpose so you cannot figure it out. When I called PG&E both time the person I talked to could not figure it out as well!

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
It is next to impossible to decipher the black and white bill, I think they do that on purpose so you cannot figure it out. When I called PG&E both time the person I talked to could not figure it out as well!

I think step 1 of understanding the black and white bill is figuring out what the hell this icon is supposed to represent... Is PG&E burning cow farts instead of natural gas?

1632243053133.png

I think step 1 of understanding the black and white bill is figuring out what the hell this icon is supposed to represent... Is PG&E burning cow farts instead of natural gas?

View attachment 712407
Anaerobic digesting of cow manure to produce methane is a real thing. There are agricultural cogeneration plants that make electricity from "cow farts", figuratively speaking.

Anaerobic digesting of cow manure to produce methane is a real thing. There are agricultural cogeneration plants that make electricity from "cow farts", figuratively speaking.

OOOOO TIL, biomethane into the gas pipelines is a thing. Ya'll heat pump folks are powering your systems in part with cow farts.

Yes, the bills seemed designed to obfuscate.

On the gas source front, a local municipality (Mountain View) has been extracting it from a local landfill for decades (1977). They have on site turbines to compress the gas, purify it (remove CO2, H2S, water primarily) and then put it on to a PG&E pipeline. The latest iteration has 3MW of cogen as well as the natural gas pipeline. (Paid for by the company, not PG&E) It doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but it reduces fugitive methane emissions (global warming) and pays for itself.

All the best,

BG

On the gas source front, a local municipality (Mountain View) has been extracting it from a local landfill for decades (1977). They have on site turbines to compress the gas, purify it (remove CO2, H2S, water primarily) and then put it on to a PG&E pipeline. The latest iteration has 3MW of cogen as well as the natural gas pipeline. (Paid for by the company, not PG&E) It doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but it reduces fugitive methane emissions (global warming) and pays for itself.

All the best,

BG

Plz write into PG&E and ask them to replace the cow logo with

1632250702135.png

All the best, BG
This was a well know phenomenon at 80's concerts held in the Shoreline amphitheater in Moutain View.

Reactions: BGbreeder

All the best,

BG
As I recall, there are lots of vents around the Mountain View golf course from that land fill

I saw my first PG&E bill after PTO on my PGE web account. I am shocked to see electricity bill going up after PTO. Monthly electricity charge (3rd party electricity excluded) is $79 and it was $57 prior to PTO. However, daily electricity usages are negative since PTO, but I am still got charged every day by PGE. It does not make sense. Please help to explain the increase.

Attachments

• pic1-electricity-after-pto.jpg
    pic1-electricity-after-pto.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 38
  • pic2-cost-after-pto.jpg
    pic2-cost-after-pto.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 34
  • pic3-electricity-prior-pto.jpg
    pic3-electricity-prior-pto.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 39
  • pic4-cost-prior-pto.JPG
    pic4-cost-prior-pto.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Informative
I saw my first PG&E bill after PTO on my PGE web account. I am shocked to see electricity bill going up after PTO. Monthly electricity charge (3rd party electricity excluded) is $79 and it was $57 prior to PTO. However, daily electricity usages are negative since PTO, but I am still got charged every day by PGE. It does not make sense. Please help to explain the increase.
It takes months for the billing to get to corrected. Am still waiting for mine to settle down