Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding PGE/SVCE electricity bills/TrueUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my first bill full NEM2 bill 6 weeks after getting PTO.

As expected, the actual grid usage isn't there since that will be on the true up in a little less than a year.

I have paired storaged. The only charge is a little less than $10 for the month of January and $3.86 for part of December (got PTO on 12/17) for "net energy metering paired storage".
Does this take the place of "minimum delivery charges" which was nowhere to be seen on the bill?

Also, there were no NBCs at all. As I understand it, NBCs are still paid monthly and not at true up since they cannot be offset.

Also, minimum delivery charges($120 for the year) get subtracted off any net usage as a credit at true-up time. Is the $10/month "net energy metering paired storage" treated the same way?

The charges that appeared on your blue bill are the Minimum Charges. If you have months that you also accrued energy charges in excess of the Minimum, you will be credited with that on the true-up. If you did not, the Minimum charge will stand as already paid. I don't know exactly how NBCs are shown in Paired Storage billing because I'm still on NEM1.

The charges that appeared on your blue bill are the Minimum Charges. If you have months that you also accrued energy charges in excess of the Minimum, you will be credited with that on the true-up. If you did not, the Minimum charge will stand as already paid. I don't know exactly how NBCs are shown in Paired Storage billing because I'm still on NEM1.

OK, then the "net energy metering paired storage" is JUST like "minimum delivery charges". So if I have a net usage at true-up of $120, these would just about offset that.

Is there anyway to see what my NBCs are currently?

I am in SVCE territory and had PTO in December. Got my first bill with NEM and it has no mention of SVCE in it.

Unlike miimura and SMAlset’s bills, the header of my NEM section says “Details of NEM Charges” instead of “Details of Silicon Valley Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges”. And it shows kWh rates at the fully loaded rate (~30 cents) instead of generation only.

I did not opt out of SVCE. In fact, I upgraded to GreenPrime upon installing solar.

Sample Bill: solar, EV-A, NEM1, SVCE, before Powerwalls

This is the first month of my new true-up after I enrolled in SVCE Green Prime. Only the Minimum Delivery Charges on Page 5 are payable on the current bill. The NEM charges accumulate on the PG&E true-up and the Generation charges accumulate on the SVCE true-up balance. If the SVCE balance is positive, it will be payable on the current bill. Credit balances carry forward.

Please notice on Page 6, the Generation Credit, PCIA and FFS. Those three components are all indications that you are on a CCA.

Page 5
PGE Bill 2017-08 p5.jpg

Page 6
PGE Bill 2017-08 p6.jpg

Page 7
PGE Bill 2017-08 p7.jpg

Sample Bill: Solar, EV2-A, NEM1, SVCE, with Powerwalls

Page 3
PGE Bill 2020-08 p3.jpg

Page 4
PGE Bill 2020-08 p4.jpg

There is no Detail of NEM Charges on the blue bill with the Powerwall Paired Storage billing.

I never noticed before that the plain solar billing had 4 decimal places of kWh in the calculations and Paired Storage billing is only whole kWh. The black and white Paired Storage bill is also whole kWh only, even though 3 decimal places of zeros are shown in most places.

Where do I get that?
You should get the Black and White bill in the mail, or you can dig it out of your PG&E online account.

In the title bar after you log in on the pge.com web site, look for a pull down box with your account number. Pull down the box and select My Accounts and Services.
On that page you will see a list of your Service IDs. Click one of the Service IDs. You will see the list of Service IDs again in a table with the Service Details listed below. Look for Download Detail of Bill at the bottom. If that is not displayed, look in the table for the Service ID with Available listed in the last column Detail of Bill and click the corresponding radio button.
Pull down the list of bills next to Download Detail of Bill and select one to download.

That is how you download the Paired Storage black and white bill.

You should get the Black and White bill in the mail, or you can dig it out of your PG&E online account.

In the title bar after you log in on the pge.com web site, look for a pull down box with your account number. Pull down the box and select My Accounts and Services.
On that page you will see a list of your Service IDs. Click one of the Service IDs. You will see the list of Service IDs again in a table with the Service Details listed below. Look for Download Detail of Bill at the bottom. If that is not displayed, look in the table for the Service ID with Available listed in the last column Detail of Bill and click the corresponding radio button.
Pull down the list of bills next to Download Detail of Bill and select one to download.

That is how you download the Paired Storage black and white bill.

The only bill or document I can find is the bill that shows the "net energy metering paired storage" charges. Nothing else.

The green download button no longer has the cost per kwh from the rate schedule. WTH???????

Oddly, the PGE energy graph is still showing actual cost for the entire NEM period so far. This is opposite of what others have said...that the graph stops working but the green button download does.