Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Understanding Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wheel size, weight make a difference. The tires make a difference. The OE tires on the Long Range Model Y, both the 19" and the 20" are all-season tires; tire efficiency is good. The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (if that is the tire, not the Pilot Sport A/S 3, then it is a performance summer tire for maximum grip but poor tread life and efficiency.

The tires have an EU label of C on fuel efficiancy. That's not SO bad. And temperature was around 10 degrees celsius (50F) yesterday. I think not so cold. Definitely not so hot. :)

Guessing temperature is playing into your range discrepancy as well?
- Early Fall in Midwest/Southern USA vs
- Dead of Winter in Northern Europe

But you are on 4 year old tech with a 4 year old battery which probably has more degradation than any Model Y currently on the road?
I believe Model 3 and Y are more efficient than S or X, i.e. they take less energy to go the same distance and not all of that is due to battery size (weight).

Battery degradation is not an issue here, I think.
As my consumption vs range values do match with a 90kw battery pack.
It's just the fact that avg consumption per km is too high. If it was the degradation, I would get less range with the same efficiency / consumption. Unless the car doesnt really measure the wh/km, but just extrapolates from the remaining battery power.
Then we would see a wrong and misdirecting faulty high consumption wh/km value.