Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undervalued charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the biggest advantages tesla has on the completion is their charging network. The speed and convenience is light years ahead of anyone. I have another electric car and it is painful, slow and unreliable to charge a non tesla electric vehicle.

I don’t understand why this isn’t discussed more in the press and why Wall Street doesn’t seem to care about this either.

I’ve had my s series for 2 years now and love it. Also own the stock. Elon Musk rocks!!!

Agree. My view is that the media never wants to talk about anything positive. They love war, violence, crime, blood and guts. I guess bad news sells better. Just listen to their terminology as they like to sensationalize everything. We have a "trade WAR", not a trade dispute. Makes it sound like guns and violence are involved. A "stock PLUMMETED" today when it only drops 1%. Everything is "BREAKING NEWS" even when it is 3 years old. Get my point? :rolleyes: I've found that in the last 6 months of not watching the news, I don't miss anything and I suspect it has not changed.

It was one of my deciding factors over the Bolt. Yeah the Bolt probably would have been fine 80% of the time...but that other 20% when it's -10F, or i'm traveling longer distances, or have to skip some charging time...Tesla it is.

As stated above, the press has other things on its mind. News stories are supposed to report the facts of an event or situation. Let's face it, the public wants to read about politics, conflicts, inapt behavior, sensationalism, etc. They do not want to read about a dry subject like charging electric vehicles. Be honest, of the ordinary people that you know--not people who are like you, but those who deliver your mail, cashiers at the bank, how many are really interested in charging rates and such? How many would even know the difference between a volt and an amp? How many would care?

Op-ed pieces, on the other hand, would be the place for a periodical or news agency to extol Tesla and its mostly-American made vehicles with the Supercharger network.

For a news source to run a complimentary piece about Tesla and its Superchargers, many would feel that it was unpaid advertising. Not sure if journalists would want to run that risk.