Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underwhelmed by holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was so excited for this update, my first year to get the great holiday update after getting my 2019 at 7 months in 2020. The one update in it that is probably not very useful but seems to be fun is the bullhorn which apparently only the newest cars have. I've gotten better features through many of the other updates. This basically amounted to 3 mediocre games and a change in the way we see the left hand side of the screen. I'm quite disappointed that Tesla can't fix the blind spot monitoring to match cars made in 2010, but they have plenty of time to come up with non important features that are probably illegal in many jurisdictions that less than 50% of owners can use.

V11 got delayed so we got an iterative update with the features that were ready
T0yNV7W.gif

Regardless. They need to start concentrating on features that are important. Blind spot monitoring is important and something many people have complained about previously. They should probably split into two updates, one for FSD people (the 20% that have bought that) and the rest versus putting out updates that are mostly for FSD. People can be mad at me for saying this but its true, this update was just nonsense. Even the games are nonsense, solitaire okay, but who is going to sit and play turned based games in the car? The racing game yes, hours long games no.

Regardless. They need to start concentrating on features that are important. Blind spot monitoring is important and something many people have complained about previously. They should probably split into two updates, one for FSD people (the 20% that have bought that) and the rest versus putting out updates that are mostly for FSD. People can be mad at me for saying this but its true, this update was just nonsense. Even the games are nonsense, solitaire okay, but who is going to sit and play turned based games in the car? The racing game yes, hours long games no.
Updates people asked for:
- Bigger driving visualization
- Scheduled departure improvements
- Number of available SC stalls

A lot of people find the games very valuable while charging, on a ferry, waiting for someone in a parking lot, et.al.
I mean, there's a bunch of valid concerns and complaints about Tesla and the Model 3, complaining about underwhelming OTA updates....
You do you, I guess.

Btw: games are highly subjective, no? So you can't complain about some games being nonsense and others aren't. Unless your complaint is that the games aren't relevant for you?

Updates people asked for:
- Bigger driving visualization
- Scheduled departure improvements
- Number of available SC stalls

A lot of people find the games very valuable while charging, on a ferry, waiting for someone in a parking lot, et.al.
I mean, there's a bunch of valid concerns and complaints about Tesla and the Model 3, complaining about underwhelming OTA updates....
You do you, I guess.

Btw: games are highly subjective, no? So you can't complain about some games being nonsense and others aren't. Unless your complaint is that the games aren't relevant for you?

So the updates asked for that you mentioned are updates you put in a minor update, these were not major things. Pretty sure it showed number of available SC stalls anyway, I know I saw them on my last long trip.

Games are cool, these games don't happen to be anything exciting and even at a supercharger, how long do you play? not enough to invest in hours and hours of gameplay except for some rare circumstances. At any rate, it comes down to the fact that this was supposed to be a major update and it was Blah.

My wife and I both have PS4 controllers in our Teslas. We also have PS4s, Stadia, Switches, PCs. Gaming in the car is fun. Great sound, comfortable seat, changeable views ... AND ... we do find ourselves waiting while stationary.

"Quick trip" to grocery or mall? "I'll stay in the car honey."

Now with passenger games, this is even better.

To Each His Own. Whining isn't a good look. If you had said blindspot only, then fine. But you're upset because the release wasn't your fondest Xmas wish. Like so many spoiled kids who turn their noses up at presents because they didn't get the one thing they wanted.

My wife and I both have PS4 controllers in our Teslas. We also have PS4s, Stadia, Switches, PCs. Gaming in the car is fun. Great sound, comfortable seat, changeable views ... AND ... we do find ourselves waiting while stationary.

"Quick trip" to grocery or mall? "I'll stay in the car honey."

Now with passenger games, this is even better.

To Each His Own. Whining isn't a good look. If you had said blindspot only, then fine. But you're upset because the release wasn't your fondest Xmas wish. Like so many spoiled kids who turn their noses up at presents because they didn't get the one thing they wanted.

No as stated at least twice already, I'm upset because it was billed as a wow update and for 60%, probably more, it was less than other more minor updates.

That makes more sense then, everything I had seen said this is a major update.
Yeah, seems like tradition of over-promising is still strong.
There's a 25 page thread on v11 (of which I have read 0 pages, because Netflix is more fun than speculation) V11 is going to be HUGE!
Back in November Elon said the holiday update would be 2x fires, and the other day he stated that the one just released was 1x fire (or 1/2x fire if you don't have an external speaker).

• Funny
Reactions: Twiglett
Yeah, seems like tradition of over-promising is still strong.
There's a 25 page thread on v11 (of which I have read 0 pages, because Netflix is more fun than speculation) V11 is going to be HUGE!
Back in November Elon said the holiday update would be 2x fires, and the other day he stated that the one just released was 1x fire (or 1/2x fire if you don't have an external speaker).

Yeah, specifically:

Elon Musk said:
We couldn’t get everything done in time, but more stuff coming.

Which is pretty much the motto of Teslas software team.

On the other hand, each SW update remains infinitely more amazing than the zero software updates I received on all previous cars I've owned, so there's that.

No as stated at least twice already, I'm upset because it was billed as a wow update and for 60%, probably more, it was less than other more minor updates.
Hardly worth the effort of being mildly disappointed - "upset" is overselling it, angry would definitely be too much.:D

I trying to figure out how to retrofit the external speaker