TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Undesired Map Reroute to Supercharger!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hpnewport, Apr 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hpnewport

Hpnewport Member

Yesterday I had my map set to a spot near Los Angeles and everything was fine until i was about 30 miles out. My rated range had dropped to around 60 miles. I sensed something had changed in the directions I was starting to get as i noticed a sign towards San Diego and then my phones Waze app started giving conflicting directions. about 10 miles in that direction I finally took time to look at full map and realized i was being taken to the Supercharger in San Juan Capistrano! Having to get to my original destination i reentered my desired destination and now was further from it! Finally arriving at my destination, i was down to 17 rated miles and knowingly was not near a good charging station, but had i not been rerouted i would have likely had 25-30 miles left, enough to get home.

Has anyone else experience an unrequested reroute?