Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unequal tire wear btw front and rear tires in MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just hit 10K miles (2019 raven, always 45psi when cold with the original 20" tires) and I found out that:

The tread depth on the fronts:
L: 6 6 6 R: 6 6 6

on the rears:
L: 8 8 8 R: 8 8 8

Inside vs. outside: equal wear, left vs. right: equal wear

Looks like the front tires won't last for another 10K miles.

called Tesla to schedule an appointment. Got a call back 2 days later: your car is normal and maybe due to weight distribution? How could I affect the weight distribution of a 5000 lbs car?

Anyone has the same experience?

Last edited:
I have ~15K on my original Continentals and the fronts probably won't make 20K as well as uneven outside/inside wear in the rear. The weight and massive torque seem to be hard on the tires. I'm hoping the OEM tires are an outlier. I'm about to switch to a set of Pirelli Scorpion snows for the winter season and then hopefully something with more tread life in the spring. Unfortunately I think your experience is pretty normal for the stock continentals from what I've read.

Reactions: MD JD
I have ~15K on my original Continentals and the fronts probably won't make 20K as well as uneven outside/inside wear in the rear. The weight and massive torque seem to be hard on the tires. I'm hoping the OEM tires are an outlier. I'm about to switch to a set of Pirelli Scorpion snows for the winter season and then hopefully something with more tread life in the spring. Unfortunately I think your experience is pretty normal for the stock continentals from what I've read.

If both the inside and outside are wearing in the rear that sounds like they are under inflated. Over inflating wears in the center and not the sides. Bad camber or toe-in wears the inside or outside of the tire, but not both.

here are some pictures, Understanding Tire Wear | Know Your Parts