Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpected Effects of EVangelism

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Last night I sat down with my wife in a local restaurant. The Model S was parked right outside our window.

As we were getting our drinks a fellow comes up to us, and says, "Hi, remember me? Sorry to interrupt. You gave me a spin in your Roadster last year." (I've probably given 200 people rides...) "I see you got the Model S too!"

The next part was hilarious:

"After riding in your car, I started researching Tesla, and was very impressed. I didn't buy a car, though; I decided to invest. I bought the stock at $32. It's now $118. Thank you so much!!!" :biggrin:

Excellent, Doug_G!

I took a (treehugger) friend along when I picked my car up from the factory in January. Although he had been rooting for Tesla, he was skeptical about the car itself till he realized that it was not vaporware. He decided to get into the stock at $29 and was glad to sell in the 90s.

We've all been helping spread the wealth with our EVangelism :)

Last night I sat down with my wife in a local restaurant. The Model S was parked right outside our window.

As we were getting our drinks a fellow comes up to us, and says, "Hi, remember me? Sorry to interrupt. You gave me a spin in your Roadster last year." (I've probably given 200 people rides...) "I see you got the Model S too!"

The next part was hilarious:

"After riding in your car, I started researching Tesla, and was very impressed. I didn't buy a car, though; I decided to invest. I bought the stock at $32. It's now $118. Thank you so much!!!" :biggrin:
I hope he at least offered to buy you a drink... :)