Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpected perks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take it that you still need to register and pay £10 a year for that benefit?

Actually I think that has changed. I remember someone here saying they needed to drive into London (first day of ownership type thing) and phoned to complain about the lead time for getting exemption and the need to spend £10 for it and was told to "just drive in" ...

I think?? they've done away with it now, and if your number-plate recognition turns up a DVLA record of "zero CO2 / ULEV" then that's fine. But someone will need to confirm that ...

I wonder what happen for the unsuspecting who try to pay online ... maybe it recognises that too, which would be good to hear.

Actually I think that has changed. I remember someone here saying they needed to drive into London (first day of ownership type thing) and phoned to complain about the lead time for getting exemption and the need to spend £10 for it and was told to "just drive in" ...

I think?? they've done away with it now, and if your number-plate recognition turns up a DVLA record of "zero CO2 / ULEV" then that's fine. But someone will need to confirm that ...

I wonder what happen for the unsuspecting who try to pay online ... maybe it recognises that too, which would be good to hear.

For the ULEV that is the case, but congestion charge is unclear as it mentioned registering, hopefully someone can confirm.

I started a new thread on this, so it doesn’t get missed by newbies
Congestion charge exemption, do you need to register your car?