Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpected Text for Delivery Schedule???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I placed an order at a Telsa Store on 1/10/2020. Dual motor, Model 3. Today I receive a text that wants to schedule delivery on 1/21 or 1/22. Already? I was expecting 8 - 10 weeks. Anyway, Since Monday is a holiday, I won't be able to get my loan check from the Credit Union in time. Can the test be a mistake?

I'm trying to get a hold of my Sales Advisor today to see what my options are.

If I postpone delivery, is there a chance that the car will go to someone else and I would be put back in the queue?
TIA

Hi Folks,

I placed an order at a Telsa Store on 1/10/2020. Dual motor, Model 3. Today I receive a text that wants to schedule delivery on 1/21 or 1/22. Already? I was expecting 8 - 10 weeks. Anyway, Since Monday is a holiday, I won't be able to get my loan check from the Credit Union in time. Can the test be a mistake?

If I postpone delivery, is there a chance that the car will go to someone else and I would be put back in the queue?
TIA

You typically have 3 days, so if the date they gave you doesnt work, you likely need to schedule it within the 3 day period around that (that day, or up to 2 days later). Contact your delivery advisor. Text could be a mistake but not likely.

The website is still quoting 8-10 weeks so that is unusually fast. But who knows. Maybe you got lucky. I wouldn’t postpone for too long if the car is ready though. They’ve been known to sell it to someone else very quickly and there are quite a few people who have been waiting for a very long time to get their cars.

Hi Folks,

TIA

The LR AWD was still 4-7 weeks when you ordered on 1/10. That's the date you go off of, not the current date. It'll have been almost 2 weeks so definitely early but not abnormally. It's almost certainly just a cancelled order or one someone couldn't take delivery of for whatever reason.

I drove by fremont yesterday, there were definitely model 3 being shipped out on trucks. I assume they are going to us stores not overseas

They're making LR AWDs right now for the central and east coast. Texas got a shipment this past week, a shipment is heading towards the eastern seaboard right now then a few to the midwest. You can see all the movement on the tracking spreadsheet. Only LR AWDs though, nothing else for the US at the moment.

I always worry in cases like this, maybe needlessly, but part of me, little voice in my head, whispers to me that its a car someone else rejected due to defects, so it became available to someone else. But I have no idea, maybe Im just paranoid. Ive had a few co-workers get theirs within 2 days of ordering when delivery times were set to weeks out (Southern California). One of them did have major scratch issues and pain problem on Frunk. But could be just bad luck and not that someone else rejected the car (color is Blue). He ended up taking it anyways and Tesla fixed it all up.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It happened to my friend back in 2018. He was told it will take 2 months and got a txt in 2 weeks. He had to go out of country so they gave his car away and they told him to contact them once he is back. He did and then they reassigned him a new one in another 4 weeks.

Update - I guess it is not a mistake. I worked with my Sales Advisor to get the delivery pushed back a couple of days. Now I just need to get the insurance and loan paperwork sorted out before then. When do folks usually get the final signed purchase and sales agreement from Tesla?

Update - I guess it is not a mistake. I worked with my Sales Advisor to get the delivery pushed back a couple of days. Now I just need to get the insurance and loan paperwork sorted out before then. When do folks usually get the final signed purchase and sales agreement from Tesla?

Back in 2018, it was about 2 days before delivery day. I think I got it on Thursday night. I emailed it to my credit union auto loan guy Friday morning. He got the loan done by the afternoon. I picked up the check from the local branch and picked up the car on Saturday. BTW, you shouldn't need insurance on the new car to pick up the car in California. You just need to have a current insurance on your old/other cars. Your current insurance should cover for a short period of time any new car you purchase. Having said that, I did add the Tesla to my insurance before picking up the car, but you don't have time to do it, you could do it afterward.