Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpectedly amazing upgrades from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
Well, my headlights were flaking, my door sill was getting lumpy/bumpy, my soft top cable broke, and I wanted cheap aluminum rims for winter driving because I didn't want to spend $3200 for forged rims. I wanted to replace the motorcycle 12V battery with the headlight repair at the same time to avoid additional service charge.

(Car is under full warranty.)

Instead Tesla did the following:

Standard headlights are temporarily unavailable so Tesla upgraded me for free to halogens [edit-Xenon not halogen]. They swapped in the new 12V battery for me at the same time and charged only for new 12V battery (and did not charge for mechanics time) as the area was already opened up and available due to headlight exchange.

Door sill and soft top cable replaced for free. Scratch on carbon fiber pillar from problem with soft top cable buffed out for free.

Black and clear coated aluminum wheels are temporarily not available so they gave me forged clear for free with the winter tire package for a total of $2000, vs the $4k forged rims cost, (ie.: they upgraded me for free). ( initially I ordered Black aluminum but they didn't have so they tried to substitute clear Aluminum but they were out of stock so they gave clear forged rims for free... I guess I will in the future have these clear coated rims re-clear coated with black).

Tesla essentially gave me $5k in free stuff to avoid delays.

Happy holidays from Tesla to me I guess! (Time for me to buy some Carbon fiber stuff to let Tesla make their money back.)

I will of course mail Tesla a "thank you" letter of support to commend the great service I received at Tesla Syosset in New York.

Best,

T

Last edited:
Wow!

Not my experience. My car died last week (3rd time this year). They said they can't look at it until next year.

Last time it died (August/September) I got it back after almost 2 months with both headlights peeling (fine when it was towed in), internal panels out of place, steering wheel off center, and things rattling badly.

Their response was that the headlights were only expected to last 2 years and would be $2000 to replace them.
They fixed the internal panels and the rattling.
Steering wheel still off center and they won't do anything about it.

Not impressed with Tesla.

This is great !
I have had similar stella experience at every service.

It probably shouldn't matter, but even Tesla folk are human, so being nice, friendly, not demanding or having sky high expectations, seems to be reflected back in the service I get.

So maybe try this if you are disappointed.