Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpectedly fast (3 weeks) delivery for Model S - something fishy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my model S within 3 weeks of ordering too. Often, it’s a luck of the draw of an order cancelled and your allocation matches. Don’t think too much about it and enjoy the car.

Though I wonder truly how much the backlog on the model S is. If you paid the post-price increase price, maybe they prioritized your order too.
Ordered a S Plaid a few weeks ago and the lead-time was showing June/Aug. When I finished the required ID, Financing, etc on the web, I now have a July/Sept window. It will be interesting to see when I do actually will get the VIN.

I just got a vin with a built date of May 10th. What would I be missing? New lights, taillights, swivel screen?
I think for May build VIN you will for sure 1000% have the new Tail/Head Lights and maybe 99% the swivel screen. unless that VIN was an old production, so ask Tesla what is the build date.

the Tail/Head Lights stuff was confirmed on March+ and reports of the swivel screen started to surface in late April.