Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexpectedly fast (3 weeks) delivery for Model S - something fishy?

I got my model S within 3 weeks of ordering too. Often, it’s a luck of the draw of an order cancelled and your allocation matches. Don’t think too much about it and enjoy the car.

Though I wonder truly how much the backlog on the model S is. If you paid the post-price increase price, maybe they prioritized your order too.
Ordered a S Plaid a few weeks ago and the lead-time was showing June/Aug. When I finished the required ID, Financing, etc on the web, I now have a July/Sept window. It will be interesting to see when I do actually will get the VIN.

I just got a vin with a built date of May 10th. What would I be missing? New lights, taillights, swivel screen?
I think for May build VIN you will for sure 1000% have the new Tail/Head Lights and maybe 99% the swivel screen. unless that VIN was an old production, so ask Tesla what is the build date.

the Tail/Head Lights stuff was confirmed on March+ and reports of the swivel screen started to surface in late April.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC