Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unexplained Range Increase in P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a recent OTA update my daily range increased to 435 km and my trip charge increased to 479 km! Not complaining at all but prior to that my range had decreased from original advertised specs down to 378 km/412km respectively, will within the normal battery degradation from new. I called my SC and was advised that this at times happens when a battery “balances out” over time. Can this be accurate? Never heard of an original S85 increasing in range, let alone by 15%! I had my battery replaced in January, could it perhaps have been with a 90 kw pack? The SC says that it is definitely a refurbished 85 pack and saw slight reduced range over the past few months before this sudden range increase. Am I alone experiencing this or just lucky?

Did u look at part number of new pack? It's on front right side. To see what they installed?
I'm about to get new pack next week. I was told it will be a 90 pack , dialed back to 85.
A ranger told me they could make the car a 90 if I can talk SC into it. I hope and pray ..