Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy with FSD sales and pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When talking about Levels, it would be safe to assume one is talking about the SAE levels.

Level 0-2 are all about capability. Levels 3-5 are all about liability.

As long as a manufacturer says "You have to pay attention at all times," the system is at best, Level 2. PERIOD!!

"But it can drive me to walmart and park, and then drive me back home with zero interventions" - Doesn't matter, it's still a Level 2 system UNTIL they say you don't have to pay attention and be prepared to take over at any moment

I agree with you, except FSD Betas...
Not according to Tesla's release notes. Level 2 only.

FSD-Beta-2020_40_8_12.jpg

Despite all the missed dates and unmet promises, I have remained cautiously optimistic that those of us who purchased FSD would eventually get something close to FSD with our current hardware.

This optimism was bolstered when the beta was released in October. However, given the almost total lack of communication from Tesla/Elon since the initial beta release, and the increasing time between beta releases, I'm starting to lose hope that anything like the FSD beta will ever make it to a wider release.

Paradoxically, I'm more disappointed with how Tesla has managed the last 5 months (since the beta release) than the last 5 years. The beta shows SO MUCH PROMISE, and rolling even *some* of these capabilities out to the public would be amazing. But they haven't released a single new AP/FSD capability (how about removing confirmation for traffic lights?), and have given no recent hints about when the beta might be widened.

I'm actually concerned that they have hit some kind of performance limit with the current FSD and they realize that a wide release just isn't practical. Back to the drawing board again?

I hope this post ages like milk :)

@dckiwi yep. My thoughts exactly.

At this point, let anyone that wants to sign the waiver get FSD beta. One of the reasons I stretched my budget to buy a Tesla was to be part of the movement of autonomy.

I don't want the fully finished version to just show up one day (assuming they get there) , I want all the good and the bad together. I want to be able to see it learning however slowly it may be, and if hits a ceiling and they can't get any better, then I have a cool level 2 ADAS to show off as a party trick. (Just like smart summon is)

At this point, let anyone that wants to sign the waiver get FSD beta. One of the reasons I stretched my budget to buy a Tesla was to be part of the movement of autonomy.

Exactly. I don't think Tesla understands (or cares) that many of us who bought FSD didn't buy it expecting an L5 system to be released one day. We are the crazy ones who want to see and experience FSD as it is developed, even if it is MORE work than just driving a non-autonomous vehicle. The license plate on my M3 is AI DR1VR. We're enthusiasts and early adopters who just have to watch from the sidelines while a handful of people test the beta for months on end. </rant>

Exactly. I don't think Tesla understands (or cares) that many of us who bought FSD didn't buy it expecting an L5 system to be released one day. We are the crazy ones who want to see and experience FSD as it is developed, even if it is MORE work than just driving a non-autonomous vehicle. The license plate on my M3 is AI DR1VR. We're enthusiasts and early adopters who just have to watch from the sidelines while a handful of people test the beta for months on end. </rant>
That's not how Tesla advertised and sold FSD in 2016.

Despite all the missed dates and unmet promises, I have remained cautiously optimistic that those of us who purchased FSD would eventually get something close to FSD with our current hardware.

This optimism was bolstered when the beta was released in October. However, given the almost total lack of communication from Tesla/Elon since the initial beta release, and the increasing time between beta releases, I'm starting to lose hope that anything like the FSD beta will ever make it to a wider release.

Paradoxically, I'm more disappointed with how Tesla has managed the last 5 months (since the beta release) than the last 5 years. The beta shows SO MUCH PROMISE, and rolling even *some* of these capabilities out to the public would be amazing. But they haven't released a single new AP/FSD capability (how about removing confirmation for traffic lights?), and have given no recent hints about when the beta might be widened.

I'm actually concerned that they have hit some kind of performance limit with the current FSD and they realize that a wide release just isn't practical. Back to the drawing board again?

I hope this post ages like milk :)

Don't worry. Daddy Elon will start pumping FSD again when Tesla needs the cash to meet their quarterly goals and suckers like you and I will gladly buy into the hopium.

True, and hopefully they can deliver on it one day, but that doesn't change the fact that we want to be part of the process.

Not that it matters what we think, but either let us experience it as it progresses, or give us the details as to why they can't, or let us know about development issues.

Elon said last year that everyone who bought FSD early will be admitted to the early access program.

Salt on the wound.

Elon said last year that everyone who bought FSD early will be admitted to the early access program.

Salt on the wound.

The frustrating thing is, this would seem fairly easy for them to follow through on. The next time they widen the FSD beta, why not do it ENTIRELY based on when the customer purchased FSD, starting with the earliest customers? Whether they widen the beta by 100 at a time or 1,000 at a time, at least customers who waited the longest will see it first.

What better criteria is there for widening the beta? I know that the early ~100 testers were selected largely on relationships and social media presence, but they could now move to a simpler model of FSD purchase date.

Don't worry. Daddy Elon will start pumping FSD again when Tesla needs the cash to meet their quarterly goals and suckers like you and I will gladly buy into the hopium.

Maybe not this quarter because of the whole bitcoin thing.

Maybe they'll give bitcoins to people who bought FSD.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm perfectly fine with just ONE bitcoin to make up for the FSD lie. :)