Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unhappy with my Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any concerns with Tesla not honoring any related warranty terms with such an installation?

I'm not too thrilled with the lack of bass either with my standard audio but, don't want to mess with this lest I run into other (electrical, wiring) problems later that Tesla may decide not to fix because of the aftermarket work.

I am on the same boat as you are. I am feeling hard to convince myself to do so as I don't want any warranty issues later.

Back in younger years my goal was to install a system strong enough to make the CD changer skip and blow the dress off of girls. Now anything above volume 4 is too loud...signs of getting old. :(

Yeah, my older system in my earlier post was like that. CDs in the changer would skip from the bass, so would need to use the in-dash unit when playing at closer to full volume since it had a better buffer. I still listen to music pretty loud (about 9 or 10 in the Model S is the point before things get distorted)... and I've lately found the Model S premium audio to be just enough to satisfy my loud music cravings. A little more would be better, but probably not worth the effort.

Not old yet! :p

In my younger years I spent a ridiculous sum of money on a stereo system in a 911. I had to have the alternator rebuilt to supply more current, plus a bunch of capacitors to level out the draw. I think I had 4 amps in the frunk, with the largest one delivering 900 or 1000 watts to two sub-woofers in the back. I look at the pictures now and cringe. What I did to that poor 911.

I'm happy I'm older :) But I still like to play music loud every now and then. When the new roadster comes out it will replace my P85D, and I will be in my happy place on my first drive in 65-72 F with the top down blasting some classic rock

Big thumbs up for Reus Audio, and in particular for Cliff and Kyle. The post-sale support has been head and shoulders above any reasonable expectation, and in fact has been better than Tesla's own post-sale service, and *that*, for the most part, has been somewhere between good and stellar with a couple of notable and glaring exceptions.

One thing that hasn't been noted upthread - they'll transfer whatever Reus system you currently have into your next Tesla for the cost of labor - figure about $2K. That means you've bought your last audio upgrade when you buy a Reus upgrade. Now, I have no idea what would happen if one switches from a Model S to a Model 3, but I imagine after they get their hands on a Model 3, all will be fine.

I configured my Model S with the base audio package, expecting to upgrade as above. The other day, I was in a loaner with the enhanced audio package. It wasn't bad - far from the Reus audio experience, but it had its good points and reminded me of the whole presales/demo process that I went through a little over a year ago. So when I get my next Model S, presuming that the extramural Tesla annoyances haven't driven me away completely, I will configure it (or buy a CPO) with the upgraded audio package, and then transfer the Reus components on top of that.

It should be noted that I didn't spend the money for extra volume or for thumping bass. I bought the Reus upgrades for accuracy and to get as close as I could to what I listen to at home. It was a successful venture, and has represented some of the best money I've ever spent for an aftermarket upgrade. And as you can see from my sig, I have a few of those.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett