Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy with the Resale value for my 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my estimate today, I haven’t seen what a new SR+ is going for today and to justify the added possible 5k extra to get it to $40k this SR+ has 28.000 miles on it.

6E3D8F92-4445-419C-AE64-2B2325163858.jpeg

Last edited:
Just as a datapoint, Carvana just offered $35367 for my 2018 AWD with 42k miles in pristine condition with FSD.

To replace it with an identical car today would be $61k, and it wouldn't be ready until 'November'. Interestingly, the P version is 5-8 weeks.

Needless to say, Stacy's Mom will remain in my garage.

Last edited:
I have a 2019 LR AWD, 7800miles, clean all over. Supercharged 700 miles, battery shows 315mi range at 100%.

Wanted to upgrade to a Model S for more space.

Put the Model 3 for sale, its been 2 weeks and zero interest. Was asking 45k. 2 people asked if it was still avail then no reply.

I sold my 2017 mazda miata with 27k miles 4 months ago after 3 weeks of advertising. over 10 inquiries in 3 weeks. Sold for 1k less than i asked.

Kbb does not include the m3 in its instant cash offer feature... Why? I guess they know demand is low. Tons of m3 on used car sites. Telsa offering me at most 40k trade-in.

Conclusion if you are considering: fantastic car but still no used market. All the talk of teslas retaining their values is BS, prob no better than a chrysler.

PS i live in CA, the supposed hotbed for EVs.
@leeh97 For my 2019 (June build) LR AWD, w/FSD, with 7895 miles, Tesla offered me $51,600 on trade against a MS Plaid. I locked that in on August 1st.

It appears that base model 3s is where the most demand is at. I just sold my 2018 mid-range Model 3, black, 57k miles for $35,000 to a dealer down the street. Now I have to wait another month or so for replacement to arrive (also Model 3).

Reactions: vickh
It appears that base model 3s is where the most demand is at. I just sold my 2018 mid-range Model 3, black, 57k miles for $35,000 to a dealer down the street. Now I have to wait another month or so for replacement to arrive (also Model 3).

I was thinking of upgrading to a 2021 SR+ to get the version 3.0 computer, and with the added range is also a plus but like you I will have to wait for the replacement, haven’t looked on the website for the wait time.

Fred

Nice. Resale this good doesn't happen often... only the 2nd time I've sold for more than I bought on a new car (tax and all).