Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unhappy with the Resale value for my 2019 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see a lot of people talking about tesla's in house trade in value, but it's really good right now. few months ago my M3P- was wort $45k in trade in, then went up to $48k, and now it's sitting at $50k. same car only went for $47k on Carvana. mine has full self drive that i paid 6k for, so it doesn't make sense for me to trade it in, but it's wild to think a car is getting more valuable, not less.

1635780807915.png

I don't see a lot of people talking about tesla's in house trade in value, but it's really good right now. few months ago my M3P- was wort $45k in trade in, then went up to $48k, and now it's sitting at $50k. same car only went for $47k on Carvana. mine has full self drive that i paid 6k for, so it doesn't make sense for me to trade it in, but it's wild to think a car is getting more valuable, not less.

View attachment 728071

I was pleasantly surprised to see their trade offer for my MME:
1635787209998.png

Based on what I had heard about Tesla's valuation, I was not expecting much, yet to be offered more than MSRP in trade was impressive. Alas, they could not beat GMTV's $54k offer, so I'm just going to sell it to them and sit around and wait who knows how long for my M3 SR+ to show up.... :/

Attachments

• 1635787185405.png
    1635787185405.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 44
I’ve got a 2018 M3 LR RWD with FSD and 15k miles and Tesla offered $44.5k trade in for it. Carvana is offering $49.2k, still waiting on a vroom offer. Paid about 60k total between around 55k for the car and then 5k for AP/FSD during the 2019 half off sale.

Looking at getting a 7 seat MY early next year now that we have 3 kids. Hopefully if the tax credit passes I’m looking at around a 10k difference out of pocket (not getting FSD).

Really tempting to make the swap for something brand new with more seating.

Wow, they offered me "only" $43k for my '21 SR+, white/white with no FSD or other options with 7k miles less than a week ago.
Im guessing blue made a little difference. I also have been checking it for awhile, offers always seemed higher in the morning. Once I got a decent offer I just kept checking my Vin using another email, if it came in higher I would accept it on my main email and just kept bumping it up. You only have 7 days to accept the initial offer, then you have 30 days to complete it but you can keep bumping it up at that point still but the 30 days doesnt reset. Last I checked my offer dropped about $2K so I stopped checking and just went with what I had.

Carvana right now is back down to $43,000ish
Vroom got up to $43,800 (only $36k back in July)
Tesla was at like $33,000
CarbuyerUsa was at $46,000 but somewhere I read that was based off having FSD and other options so they might come in lower and didnt want to bother since Carvana was close enough

Carvana was easy, guy came to look the car over and take pics for 5-10 min, 2 hours later they came and took the car, money in my account next day.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Used car prices are like the stock market right now. I bought a 2017 Pacifica Hybrid 8 weeks ago for 36,999 with 35K miles. This was a "Platinum" which has every possible widget and the fancy pano moon roof. The lesser van today ( limited ) with 80K miles is going for 42K.. crazy.. my M3 was discounted from 51k to 47K and I got 1K more off when I bought it.. M3 FSD Blue/White Standard + with 11K miles. Most of the M3s on Carmax are listed and then gone in less than 5 days. Carvana seems to be too high initially and is constantly discounting the cars a bit. Vroom seems to be on the same page as Carmax. The dealer prices are all over the map.. no rhyme or reason I can see.