Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unicorn Combo Movement (LR 19” Tow)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, some movement on the Unicorn Combo! LR AWD, Red/Black, 19”, Tow-Hitch.

Nothing official, just a hidden VIN - which may just be a placeholder with a few more weeks to go yet.. but at least it means they’re thinking of me, which is nice.

5YJ3F7EB4KF490XXX

• Love
Reactions: Fullerene
I also found a SC VIN in 490XXX range this morning - then noticed that I had a 'final invoice' which must have appeared at the same time for me, with scheduled delivery of 3rd Oct.

(PS I'm LR 18" with no towbar, just thought it was interesting we got are our VINs at a similar time!)

good news, thanks @jimmymc, hopefully more to follow & an actual car will arrive at some point!

I was originally told August on the phone when I ordered in July. Just MOT'd an ancient ICE yesterday, incredibly it passed. Another booked in for next week. The pile of random M3 accessories is getting bigger, just need the car

All of you with with this unique spec need a special rear tailgate badge to define and differentiate your special M3.

Here you go :p

79a11e58a679b2537112ec24c5038ccf.jpg

Ps - Logo not by me

Black Black LR AWD 19" Tow - I now have a VIN too :) 5YJ3F7EB7KF528XXX

I called the Edinburgh SC to follow up - They advised that I disregard my delivery estimate email {10/08/19} 15th-22nd Sep, and tentatively suggested that I take the view that it will be sometime after the 22nd and into early October.

He said I will be getting a call at the two-week mark, and then another at the 48-hour predelivery point, and from there, there is a seven day pick up window including Sundays.

The text I received some time ago saying I would get a prod at the time the car leaves US didn't come to fruition it seems.

Now that info is trickling in - do we have any idea which boat it could be on??!?

Reactions: Fullerene
Update: I’d emailed, called, and texted Tesla over the last couple of weeks to try and change the delivery location (the only way I didn’t try to contact them was hiring a plane and sky-writing). They finally replied - apologised, changed the location for me, and as a bonus.. told me I was due for delivery in the first week of October!

Reactions: Avendit
I'm still having a nervous breakdown about mine. No sign of it anywhere.

I've been embroiled in a long email exchange with a delivery manager. Here is the gist of the communication...

1. sorry, you have no VIN assigned, contact us again in 4 weeks
2. 2 weeks later text saying I'll be notified when my car departs USA
3. Complained again and was asked if I would consider a different spec
4. I offered to take any colour from any delivery location
5. Offered a Black/White interior P- with 18" Aero for an additional £1000 - so will lose the 19" Wheels, which I am not happy about

I don't want to pay more money for a car without the 19" Sport wheels and for a spec I didn't order. However, I am currently considering dropping the 19" and FSD and purchasing some aftermarket wheels if I don't like the 18" Aeros. @Peteski has almost convinced me the money would be better spent.

Reactions: navt and Roy W.
@RjbT3 I was too.. but while it’s a drag, and Tesla are extremely dire in terms of communication.. for the sake of a few weeks, even months, and considering I’ll have the car for years - I wasn’t about to cut my nose off to spite my face and compromise to get it a bit earlier. Won’t be long before early deliveries won’t be anything special as there’ll be so many of them by next year.. again.. not worth compromising over when I consider I’ll have my perfect spec. Hang with it.. (easier said than done sometimes, I know)

Reactions: RjbT3
Confirmed I have my VIN for the blue LR 19inch tow.

It has not altered my decision not to proceed. Simply no benefit to being a Tesla early adopter and if anything have been penalised. Would rather put the money aside and come back to the EV market in a couple of years when there is some sense. We don't drive much so the financial and environmental savings are balanced.

When Tesla call for the money, I'll be providing an expected payment window of Q2 2020 as a priority supplier of mine. See how they like it.

Yes, the whole experience has left me incredibly bitter about Tesla!

Reactions: Fullerene and RjbT3

It has not altered my decision not to proceed. Simply no benefit to being a Tesla early adopter and if anything have been penalised. Would rather put the money aside and come back to the EV market in a couple of years when there is some sense. We don't drive much so the financial and environmental savings are balanced.

When Tesla call for the money, I'll be providing an expected payment window of Q2 2020 as a priority supplier of mine. See how they like it.

So why not just cancel, walk away and stop beating yourself up about it? You are just dragging out your psychological damage its like the sunk cost fallacy but -inside your head-.

Reactions: Roy W.

While you are wasting your time feeling bitter just consider that "They" as in "Tesla" are an organisation, not a specific person with feelings. So "They" are not going to give a *sugar* about your last minute cancellation. The actual person you deal with at Tesla will probably just think you are a sad muppet when you have your little rant.

Sorry, but that's the harsh reality of these situations. The only revenge you will get for them delaying your move to EV paradise for a month or two will be in your own head. Meanwhile you are simply cutting off your own nose to spite your face. Although it sounds more like you don't really want to spend the money right now and this has helped you to justify backing down.

The obvious benefit of being a Tesla "early adopter" is that you get to experience the benefits of a super slick next gen BEV drivetrain a few years before the masses catch on. I've been loving my MX for the last couple of years and can't wait for our M3P to arrive later this month. I'm most certainly not going to be ordering any more ICE cars. Tesla has already demonstrated that it's a one-way ticket!

Enjoy waiting another couple of years!