TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unicorn interior

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lobstakilla, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

I picked up my Tesla today and WOW what a car!

Here is the kicker, they installed carbon fiber in the dash and matte obeche wood on the armrest. The whole car was to be the wood. She will be going in for service as soon as the parts arrive. Overall the car is great as far as fit and finish except for the front bumper. A few scratches on the bumper, but Tesla is taking care of this when they swap the trim.

I will post some pics tomorrow. All I can say is the all glass roof with the pearl white is quite incredible.

I also have to give Kudos to all Tesla's employees. From start to finish they have been nothing short of spectacular to deal with.

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Do post some pics.I bet somewhere out there, there is a car with matte obeche wood on the dash and carbon fiber on the armrest....

• Funny x 1
  3. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

I am sure you are right! It really was pretty funny and provided a good chuckle for everyone. I will post some pics tomorrow morning when it is light out. The glass roof is so much better than I could have hoped. It feels so solid and is much darker than I expected, no longer worried about heat or sun issues. From the outside you can't see in and from the inside you get a faint view through it when looking at the sky. If there is an object like a tree or building, you can clearly see it.

4. mhan00

mhan00 Member

Congrats! Hope you love the car.

5. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Ludicrous + you say, well I got Ludicrous -

personally id keep the carbon fiber dash its a more expensive option vs the wood... but thats me

6. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

Thank you so much, we are continually impressed by it. Tesla will have our business from now on. Looks like it's on to the X.

7. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

I am just not a huge carbon fiber guy and I like the warmth the wood adds. I thought it was funny when we thought it was all wrong, but it's even funnier we have a mix of the two.

8. RDoc

RDoc S85D

They use Unicorn hide on the seats??? What happens to passengers who aren't virgins?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. Lobstakilla

Lobstakilla Member

Lol! Maybe not the hides, but I definitely have the most rare interior. The elusive two tone.

10. Raddoc

Raddoc Member

I wish they made a Glossy Carbon Fiber. The matte CF just doesn't do it for me. I like the glossy wood obeche personally.