TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unicorns

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Drlev, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Sig72

Sig72 Member

A friend of mine has a green P85+ w/ AP1 & rear-facing seats. It makes my Signature Red P85 look downright common

• Funny x 1
  2. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

70D, AP1 + refresh nose, grey seats

Ordered that but factory called and offered to upgrade to 75D

3. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Hey Folks. Sometime ago, there was a monitoring sheet where they monitor P85 and P85+ build date between Sept - Dec, 2014. These are RWD and has AP1 hardware built in. I've been searching for hours for this link posted here in TMC but I can't seem to find it.

Can anyone point me to the right direction? Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks @bmah
    @sickfox contact me if you would like details. @thecloud runs this forum.

300 (P85 AP Owners) | Tesla Motors Club

4. sickfox

sickfox Member

@Blu Zap - Thank you! You guys are awesome!!!!

• Like x 1
  5. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Howdy @Blu Zap . Were you thinking of this list? As mentioned, it's in the 300 (P85 AP Owners) forum.

The forum isn't restricted (anyone interested can add themselves to it), but if you own such a unicorn, please do join and let us know!

The information we had at the time was that "around" 375 performance rear-wheel drive Model S configurations had been built with Autopilot. That includes both the P85 and P85+. As of today, we've found 392, barring some possible duplicates among the entries for which we don't have a VIN listed. If we ever get to 400, I'll probably rename the group to the "300+". ;)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

I have a 2019 100D with factory installed sunroof and rear facing seats. As far as I know/was told it's the last or one of the last to have both of these options which were discontinued before my car was built

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Pre Raven I assume. Still impressive.

8. sickfox

sickfox Member

@thecloud - Yes. This is exactly what I was looking for. @Blu Zap was kind enough to provide the link to the group. I added myself to the group BTW.

Couple of months ago, I met a P85+ owner at the Daly City Supercharger (I forgot his name but I'm sure he's a TMC member) and he knew exatly that my car is part of the 300. After we chatted and he told me to look for the 300 group in TMC, but I didn't get a chance to until a few days ago. I'll check the list after this post.

9. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

I have a question - back in July of 2019 when my car went in for service at the Devon service center for the yellow border fix, they gave me a loaner for a few days which was a P85 (named "Judd Hearst" of all things) with a build date of 11/14 that had AP1. Would this have been one of these cars? Interesting that I was unknowingly driving a pretty rare car.

• Like x 1
  10. sickfox

sickfox Member

@dannycamps - Yes, that’s the one, RWDs with AP. Didn’t know I was driving a unicorn until 2 months ago, and I bought my car back in late 2014. :)

• Like x 1
  11. DKPowers

DKPowers Member

RWD S90s. Those are rare, right?

• Like x 1
  12. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

I wouldn't say rare, but def the low man on the totem pole. Remaining S40's would be in the same boat.

13. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

@sickfox that would have been me. The San Francisco Tesla Owners Club met at the Daly City SuC to begin our outing that day. Glad we could hook up and glad you found your way to the "300"! Tom @Blu Zap

• Like x 1
  14. nativespinner

nativespinner Member

Dunno if it's a unicorn but it has been called one. 2013 S60 with tech package, air susp, uhfs, rear facing seats, solid body color roof, non-power mirrors, midnight silver.