Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unintended Stop Sign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UnintendedStopSign.png

After update 2020.36.3.1 (9/9/20) my M3 stopped for this stop sign. Came to a dead stop about where that car in front of me is now, about 50ft beyond the sign. In case it's not clear, those stop signs are for the road joining the road I'm on now, not my road. Even prior to 36.3.1 I have experienced phantom braking at this location before. I didn't realize why until now when it came to a full stop with the message saying stopped for traffic control.

I'm anxiously waiting for the neural net update.

The AI would expect stop-signs to be at intersections. There is a side road there, and that should be on the map, but oddly it has two stop-signs. So I'm guessing that the AI logic is to discount an off-angle sign at an intersection, but only once.

View attachment 586631

After update 2020.36.3.1 (9/9/20) my M3 stopped for this stop sign. Came to a dead stop about where that car in front of me is now, about 50ft beyond the sign. In case it's not clear, those stop signs are for the road joining the road I'm on now, not my road. Even prior to 36.3.1 I have experienced phantom braking at this location before. I didn't realize why until now when it came to a full stop with the message saying stopped for traffic control.

I'm anxiously waiting for the neural net update.
That's different from what my car does. It stopped for a stop sign that had been knocked down by a collision and was no longer visible, and it didn't stop for a stop sign that was being held up by a flagger who was directing traffic into a single lane while repairs were going on in the other lane.