Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unique ICE risk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having had a friend die last year due to parking in his garage while the last of the song played on the car radio (evidently), I was surprised that there are only about 20 deaths per year from CO due to ICE exhaust.

But the question remains: Should NHTSA investigate??!

I think we should retitle this thread to match the sensationalism we see a lot of lately:
Model S is infinity times less likely to kill you from carbon monoxide than every ICE car on the road

Of course, someone will pull out statistics in a year that will show that someone died in his/her garage from carbon monoxide poisoning and further note that there is no evidence that another vehicle was in the garage at the time. From this it will be claimed that it's inconclusive and we'll start a whole new excelgasm with confidence intervals and such.

Having had a friend die last year due to parking in his garage while the last of the song played on the car radio (evidently), I was surprised that there are only about 20 deaths per year from CO due to ICE exhaust.

But the question remains: Should NHTSA investigate??!

Maybe ICE car makers should all be sued for the chronic poisoning of millions of people and animals..

That's terrible about your friend. Sorry to hear that.

That said, surely it takes much longer than one song to create enough CO to render someone unconscious...???