Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unique ordering and pick up experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first Tesla Model Y was ordered on 7/11 the same day Tesla announced $3k price reduction.

On 7/12, I tried to contact my bank to discuss the auto loan, but unfortunately due to the pandemic I was unable to schedule an in person appointment.

Therefore, on 7/13, I tried to apply online. The procedure was surprisingly easy, within a minute BoA approved my loan @ 2.19% for 60 months with 0.5% platinum honor member discount, and it was at least 0.80% lower than Tesla’s offer.

On 7/13, my MY vin # was assigned, and I got an email from Boa about the following steps. First of all, download the purchase agreement from my Tesla account page. Then upload to Boa loan doc website. The next day, on 7/14, I received another email with some paperwork to sign online.

On 7/15, Boa informed me that my loan was completed, and the money will wire to Tesla soon. Meanwhile, Tesla texted me that MY is on its way to the dealer and ready to be scheduled for delivery.

On 7/16, another text reminded me to schedule the delivery, then I received the first phone call from Tesla to set up a pick up date on 7/21.

On 7/21, this is the first time I spoke face to face during the whole process. I was requested to forward the Boa loan completion email, and next thing my MY was unlocked and I was allowed to check and sign the paperwork.

Vin # 32xxx, most of the alignment issues that happen in the early production have been fixed, such as hood, rear seat, tail lights, charge port. However there are still some minor issues here and there which is not serious enough to let me reject the car.

This experience is so different with any other car purchase, and it’s more like shopping on Amazon. Maybe, this is the future.

My first Tesla Model Y was ordered on 7/11 the same day Tesla announced $3k price reduction.

On 7/12, I tried to contact my bank to discuss the auto loan, but unfortunately due to the pandemic I was unable to schedule an in person appointment.

Therefore, on 7/13, I tried to apply online. The procedure was surprisingly easy, within a minute BoA approved my loan @ 2.19% for 60 months with 0.5% platinum honor member discount, and it was at least 0.80% lower than Tesla’s offer.

On 7/13, my MY vin # was assigned, and I got an email from Boa about the following steps. First of all, download the purchase agreement from my Tesla account page. Then upload to Boa loan doc website. The next day, on 7/14, I received another email with some paperwork to sign online.

On 7/15, Boa informed me that my loan was completed, and the money will wire to Tesla soon. Meanwhile, Tesla texted me that MY is on its way to the dealer and ready to be scheduled for delivery.

On 7/16, another text reminded me to schedule the delivery, then I received the first phone call from Tesla to set up a pick up date on 7/21.

On 7/21, this is the first time I spoke face to face during the whole process. I was requested to forward the Boa loan completion email, and next thing my MY was unlocked and I was allowed to check and sign the paperwork.

Vin # 32xxx, most of the alignment issues that happen in the early production have been fixed, such as hood, rear seat, tail lights, charge port. However there are still some minor issues here and there which is not serious enough to let me reject the car.

This experience is so different with any other car purchase, and it’s more like shopping on Amazon. Maybe, this is the future.

Pictures?

20200721_161911.jpg