Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unique potential purchase situation-questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you have to turn the wheel a certain way to see the battery sticker?
So the car was a 2015 therefore I believe that means there is a warranty on battery and drivetrain for 3 more years
My friend purchased from Tesla less than a year ago. As I’ve read his 4 year 50,000 mile warranty should transfer to me and I’ll have 3 years 40k miles around remaining.
there are a few minor issues:
a small tear in seat cushion bolster on drivers side. I figure I can get this stiched by an upholsterer eventually. Exterior in great shape cosmetically. No panel gaps, everything lines up
The interior color is grey which has since been discontinued. Kinda worried about longer term wear with a light color... wish it were black. Anyone have any experience with how these hold up?
The center console is just one big empty space. No cubbies or anything... any recommended aftermarket storage system to put in here?
Seeing as he bought the car from Tesla for 61k (plus 2k transport from CA) 10k miles ago I feel 55k is a “fair” deal. If I bought new model 3 performance it would depreciate and I would pay more sales tax on the car at time of purchase.
He will take his winter wheels and tires and I’ll have the 21” with summers. Any Recs for a winter wheel and tire set up. I see t sport line has a 19”package for around 3700. Is this a good value?

I’m waiting on my tesla wall charger to come and and the install to pull the trigger

No you don’t have to turn the wheel. The 8yr warranty will transfer to you regardless. If it comes with an additional extended warranty which covers everything (8yr warranty covers the battery and motors) than it is even a better deal. You can basically add another $3,000 of value to it. But even better you have the peace of mind for 3 yrs that you will not be paying for any issues out of pocket. You need to jump on this deal ASAP I would say. His warranty will transfer to you from Tesla. (Both will for what it matters)

Here is a picture to allow you to see where to look better

0FF9D742-3525-4AC0-9556-28A90D532E3C.jpeg

No you don’t have to turn the wheel. The 8yr warranty will transfer to you regardless. If it comes with an additional extended warranty which covers everything (8yr warranty covers the battery and motors) than it is even a better deal. You can basically add another $3,000 of value to it. But even better you have the peace of mind for 3 yrs that you will not be paying for any issues out of pocket. You need to jump on this deal ASAP I would say. His warranty will transfer to you from Tesla. (Both will for what it matters)

Here is a picture to allow you to see where to look better

View attachment 497991

thank you so much for your timely feedback. What’s the process for the Tesla app when I purchase from him to get it over to me? Is there a process with Tesla to notify them of change of ownership?

thank you so much for your timely feedback. What’s the process for the Tesla app when I purchase from him to get it over to me? Is there a process with Tesla to notify them of change of ownership?

You are better off waking into a Tesla service center with the title or paperwork showing your the owner so they can setup the app on your phone etc immediately. Otherwise it can take months if you do it online or over the phone