Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Universal Orlando Charger Restrictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just a heads up; I am at Universal today staying at an on-site hotel; the Portofino.

I learned something you may,want to consider before planning a trip;

The valet at the hotels *do not* have access to the City Walk Tesla charger. If you want a charge there you will have to move your vehicle to City Walk (yourself) and then pay *their* valet to park and charge your car. In other words, you must pay twice for valet; thats an additional $30 if you want to charge for more than two hours!

Of course, this is only if the chagers are avaliable when you go. The other choice is to let the hotel use their 110 trickle charger and/or plan on spending some time at the Turkey Lake charger.

I personally and unhappy with this arrangement, particularly since it is packaged to appear as if any Orlando property valet can use these chargers when in fact it excludes those most likely to need it; the hotel guests.

Supercharger at West Palm Beach maybe? We overnighted in Orlando last year on the way to Key West but I can't remember whether we SCd before or after along the way.

Fwiw, to get to the West Palm SC you have to exit the tollway at a no cash exit. So a nicely formatted bill will arrive at your given address in 2-3 weeks for easy payment online.

I personally and unhappy with this arrangement, particularly since it is packaged to appear as if any Orlando property valet can use these chargers when in fact it excludes those most likely to need it; the hotel guests.

Curious -- where is it packaged to appear that the hotel valets can use the CW chargers? We stayed at Universal about a year ago, and there was no implication or assertion that the hotel valets could take and charge your car at CW. I just made sure I had enough charge for my needs, and made one quick stop at Turkey Lake was more than enough to have to worry/bother with Universal Valets driving my car around the premises.

Supercharger at West Palm Beach maybe? We overnighted in Orlando last year on the way to Key West but I can't remember whether we SCd before or after along the way.

Fwiw, to get to the West Palm SC you have to exit the tollway at a no cash exit. So a nicely formatted bill will arrive at your given address in 2-3 weeks for easy payment online.

The Turkey Lake Superchargers are only 7 miles away from the hotel. The West Palm Beach Superchargers are 159 miles away. It may work for some on the way, but for most Turkey Lake will be more convenient.

Larry

The Turkey Lake Superchargers are only 7 miles away from the hotel. The West Palm Beach Superchargers are 159 miles away. It may work for some on the way, but for most Turkey Lake will be more convenient.

Larry
turkey lake is only convenient to those who drive on the FLA TPK. the turnpike is a limited access road and for me that isn't an option because that road isn't part of any route that I'd ever use

Curious -- where is it packaged to appear that the hotel valets can use the CW chargers? We stayed at Universal about a year ago, and there was no implication or assertion that the hotel valets could take and charge your car at CW. I just made sure I had enough charge for my needs, and made one quick stop at Turkey Lake was more than enough to have to worry/bother with Universal Valets driving my car around the premises.
I agree, the OP might have been confused about the location of the charger, the hotel is adjacent to universal but is NOT a universal property

I would send them a note at Universal. I sent a note to Disney about lack of chargers at resorts and they said they would have their leadership team take a look. I sent them the link to the tesla destination charger program.
We have suggested this to Disney for years with little success. Disney's current position regarding electric chargers

I have recently discussed this with Universal leadership. UPCOMING EVENT: Join Florida Tesla Enthusiasts for a Weekend Getaway at Loews Royal PacificUniversal

Larry

turkey lake is only convenient to those who drive on the FLA TPK. the turnpike is a limited access road and for me that isn't an option because that road isn't part of any route that I'd ever use
Hi Marc,

The Turkey Lake Superchargers may be on a limited access road, but they are only 7 miles away from Universal. As you know there are only Turnpike fees. At Universal it costs between $35 to $40 per day to charge onsite at the CityWalk HPWCs. If you are staying at a Universal hotel it is most convenient to drive from your hotel to the CityWalk HPWCs, but it is expensive. Another option is to drive to the Turkey Lake Superchargers which is less convenient, but much less expensive.

Our club is planning an event at the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando in December. For those members who wish to charge at Univeral my recommendation is to drive less than a mile to the CityWalk HPWCs from the hotel. Then leave your Tesla with the valet operations there for a fee of between $35 and $40 depending on the time of day. They will arrange to charge your car and they will switch it out with other Teslas to ensure that all are charged during the day, Then after spending the day at the theme park you can return to pick up your car and drive back to the hotel. I have arranged for free self parking at the hotel.

Larry