Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

University Village Destination chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go!

Attachments

• 0610BBA8-85B8-4231-837A-45EB4070E359.jpeg
    0610BBA8-85B8-4231-837A-45EB4070E359.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 431
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX and deonb
Are the Charepoint chargers still there as well?
Yes, the ChargePoint chargers are still in the garage. I think these chargers will be there primarily to support the new Tesla showroom going in on the ground floor of the parking garage. There is going to be a new parking garage on the 25th avenue side of the mall and I would bet they’ll put an urban supercharger in that one once it’s completed.

Yes, the ChargePoint chargers are still in the garage. I think these chargers will be there primarily to support the new Tesla showroom going in on the ground floor of the parking garage. There is going to be a new parking garage on the 25th avenue side of the mall and I would bet they’ll put an urban supercharger in that one once it’s completed.
There's a showroom going in at UVillage? Cool! I realize this probably isn't new news, but it's new to me! Thanks!

Reactions: Bigt6542
With the store in the same building, I don't think so.

1- The store will call whoever to get ice vehicule removed right away
2- There will be Teslas parked in these spots all the time, so, very unlikely to not understand what this is, or to pretend to not know.

I was told today that these chargers are reserved for test drives but can be reserved for owners if you’re in a pinch. You need to call ahead to the store to reserve.

There are signs up now stating "Authorized Use Only"... I'm quite sure these are just meant for the showroom and not for general public. I know sometimes the showrooms will let you charge if they aren't using it..but that's case by case and requires you to park and go ask anyway.

Supercharger is still on the official map for U Village as "coming soon 2018". But no permit info or anything on supercharge.info so it might be a while...

Personally, I like the idea of supercharging while getting my dumplings :) but I think the planned Northgate location is going to be far more useful for both I5 through-travel and general area supercharging needs, it's much more accessible.

BTW in case people didn't know, Northgate currently has free L2 charging at Nordstrom Rack, also a CHADEMO and CCS high speed but I'm not sure if those are free. It's a great location for catching a movie at the cinema across the street and picking up 40-50 miles or so

Westlake showroom sales rep said that the U-Village and Downtown Seattle superchargers weren't expected until "Late 2018 to early 2019".
When I bought my first Model S in 2016, they told me the Seattle supercharger would be done by the end of the year.

After talking with other owners, I've been informed that the "Seattle supercharger" pin has been on the map since at least 2014.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0