TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Unknown alert msg id 0x5b8 bit 16

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WSE51, Dec 13, 2012.

1. WSE51

WSE51 Member

I got this error message two different times when I entered my Model S, and it went away after a minute or so. The message said "Unknown alert msg id 0x5b8 bit 16". Any ideas?

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Got the same message in a parking garage while backing up (my second camera picture includes a little of the rear-view camera) a day or two ago. I meant to post but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Also, perhaps of note, I got the windshield washer fluid message today.

3. jed-99aggie

jed-99aggie Member

I too got the washer fluid low notice. Given the car is less than a week old without significant wiper use, I contemplated if Tesla was only filling the reservoir with a limited amount for some reason.

Also of note my phone synch had a bunch of numbers I did not recognize and all were dated 12/31/1969. I guess I forgot to mention I got the time machine option... Any other gremlins noticed?

4. Zextraterrestrial

I have had both.
    filled the washer fluid the past three days to the top and the warning came one each morning / time I got in the car with a few exceptions.
    The car drinks washer fluid when it is thirsty is my only explanation ;>

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

My service manager told me that Tesla will be pushing out a minor software upgrade very soon to address this warning issue.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Had both. Glad to hear they'll be fixing it soon. Perhaps it'll go out with the App!?

7. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Hmmmmm.... maybe I shouldnt be sad I have YET to get 4.0 ....

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

The only issues I've had so far with 4.0 are distractions (the error messages, the mislabled callee, and such). Otherwise, it's been great as far as stability and features.

I do have one nit though: the new range on the walk away door locks is far too long for my taste. I use the fob to lock now because of it. I park in the corner of the garage at work and 50 feet isn't enough to trigger walk away locking, whereas 30 feet used to be enough.

9. Nikoli

Nikoli Member

Sounds like somebody forgot a table entry or an equate in the error message module.

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Or it's an unusual easter egg.

11. yobigpapa

yobigpapa New Member

i just saw this same message this morning. called service before i found this thread. they want me to bring it in. i asked if there was a software upgrade. has anyone received a software upgrade to 4.0 since this thread was started?

12. Zextraterrestrial

I was upgraded to 4.1.
    I was at 4.0 when I had the msg. haven't seen it since + washer fluid warning is gone too.

13. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

I just got the same message on a Model S I picked up at the factory yesterday, and yes it's on 4.0. I'm surprised that they're still delivering new vehicles with 4.0 (1.17.50) installed given the number of known issues described here.