Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown Autopilot Ding Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So yesterday I was driving along on Autopilot and kept getting this Ding sound every so often. I never saw a notice about what it was for on the display and never heard it before, so it's something from the latest update but I have no idea what it was. Any thoughts?

I have detected an unexplained chime since my update to 2021.12.25.7 from 2021.4.18.2 about a week ago. There is never any accompanying textual warning. It never happened before this version. It is possible I went over a speed limit, but i never activated a warning for that. So unless the upgrade adding the setting and defaulted it to on... (MY LR5)

It is not unknown for settings to change with a firmware update for no apparent reason and without notice. Hence the need to double check your settings. I do have the speed limit warning set, and differently than the Autopilot max speed setting. It dings "randomly" all the time, but most unexpectedly when the speed limit decreases (or the car thinks it has decreased) and I didn't catch the sign.

Reactions: Massive Attack