TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"Unknown Error" when trying to connect to car via app

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, May 31, 2018.

1. DrivingTheFuture

Have rebooted phone, app, etc. Any fixes that you all know of? Very inconvenient while supercharging

2. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Member

Mine had that error maybe 30 min ago but is fine now.

3. Jlwine

Jlwine Member

I having the same issue... "Unknown Error"

4. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

5. chlouie

chlouie New Member

Got this error once or twice yesterday, but restarted the app and it connected right away.

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

Intermittent for me yesterday and today--? Tesla server issues??

7. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Member

It seems like I read that the Tesla server was going to be down in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago. I had the same problem, deleted and reinstalled the app, and it is doing fine for me now.

8. TooManySeats

TooManySeats Member

I saw "Unknown Error" the other day, but have been getting "Network Timeout" more regularly. I thought this was something tied to 2018.20 (I had a similar issue on Sunday, which eventually got fixed by car reboot despite it seeming like an app/cloud problem). The last day or so I've been getting only intermittent connections though: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/app-connectivity-issues-again.116395/

9. Tes La Ferrari

I had it too yesterday, and it just started working again - out of the blue