Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unknown message on screen

Drew57

Apr 4, 2020
Chester UK
Driving on Autopilot yesterday at 60mph in a 60 limit, on two separate occasions a small yellow triangle symbol containing a wheel/tyre image overlaid with the number 50 briefly appeared on the screen. I immediately checked the tyre pressure card both times, all were correct at 41/42psi & after the journey there were no apparent punctures or other damage. Pressures are also fine today, no messages etc.

I presume '50' must be somehow related to speed but as I was on Autopilot and in a continuous 60 zone with no phantom braking or any change to the cars behaviour I am mystified about what this means. Looking at the EU manual I cannot see any obvious explanation.

Does anybody know please?

BESLA

Mar 12, 2020
Belgium
I have seen this after the recent speed sign recognition update. i normally encounter this symbol when i there is a 30kmph limit on a usually 50kmph road

Drew57

Apr 4, 2020
Chester UK
It’s telling you the max speed AP will go to on that road.
Yes, that would make sense (except the road was a 60 limit, straight at the time the symbol appeared & AP was keeping the car at 60)

I have now looked at notifications in the services menu - nothing showing there so maybe some sort of software glitch.

Koolio46

Aug 26, 2020
Boston, MA
Yes, that would make sense (except the road was a 60 limit, straight at the time the symbol appeared & AP was keeping the car at 60)

I have now looked at notifications in the services menu - nothing showing there so maybe some sort of software glitch.
Gotcha...well, I'm out of ideas...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC