Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This means that you’re paying $10,000 to go 1 Second Faster at a price of around 300,000+ (300 thousand+) Miles that you will spend paying the Tesla Supercharging Station ???
$10,000/$7.50 to Fill a charge of 250 Mile Range 1,333 times 350= 333,333miles

And it’s not even $7.50 to charge.

Am I correct with this math ?
If so I will rather go into the dual non performance and save $10k

This means that you’re paying $10,000 to go 1 Second Faster at a price of around 300,000+ (300 thousand+) Miles that you will spend paying the Tesla Supercharging Station ???

$10000 to go 1 second faster...….over 10000 times.

$10000 to supercharge 10000 times.

looking at my 20" rims and red calipers 10000 times.

sometimes its not about math.

:cool:

Comparing a bmw 340i or even 340xi to a BMW M3 is over 15k difference in base price. Not even a second difference to 60 and no free fuel.

Math seems pretty good to me :p

Like Garlan posted above buying luxury and especially sport cars aren't always about logic and numbers. For me it is also about passion and enjoyment. To me the P3D is sort of a bargain. The free supercharging is just a nice cherry on top.

:cool:

Comparing a bmw 340i or even 340xi to a BMW M3 is over 15k difference in base price. Not even a second difference to 60 and no free fuel.

Math seems pretty good to me :p

Like Garlan posted above buying luxury and especially sport cars aren't always about logic and numbers. For me it is also about passion and enjoyment. To me the P3D is sort of a bargain. The free supercharging is just a nice cherry on top.

Yea, if buying a car was a constant cost/benefit analysis, most of us would end up with transit passes or bicycles.

I made the final payment on my P3D last night (for Friday pickup) and my wife asked me how it felt.....paraphrasing myself here:

In this day and age, you don't even get to physically SEE your money like you did back when you cashed a check, then walked around with cash.

Now, it's numbers on a screen. Ones and zeroes. You don't get to hold it, or experience anything other than seeing the numbers change. I've wanted a Tesla since I saw the first Roadster. I got my CPO S last year because I had been saving for the 3 since it was Bluestar. It was delayed again, so rather than let USAA hold onto that money, I decided to EXPERIENCE that money, and bought the S. Now, I'm trading it in for the 3. We do OK, mostly because we stay within our means. No car notes is our rule, and I wouldn't have been able to stay within that on a P100D....so here we are.

My advice to you guys:

Take the trip. Buy the new shoes. Splurge on the car. ENJOY THAT SHHHTUFF. And if someone tries to make you feel bad about it, smile a little and realize that your Tesla splurge is hurting less people than any ICE splurge would.

Screenshot_20180809-180704.png
I just got that message from my ISA. I am furious....

$10000 to go 1 second faster...….over 10000 times.

$10000 to supercharge 10000 times.

looking at my 20" rims and red calipers 10000 times.

sometimes its not about math.

It is absolutely math. You can attach a valuation and a discount rate (since cash now is worth more than future cash) to each 0-60 launch, and assign opportunity costs to it. Would you rather eat out or launch your P3 40 times? Once you reach an indifference ratio, you've figured out the valuation. :)

Yea, if buying a car was a constant cost/benefit analysis, most of us would end up with transit passes or bicycles.

and when you die - your spoiled rotten kids who DGAF about CBA/CEA is going to cruise around in 2040 Roadsters without issue as you handed it to them. :D

It's not about the money. It's about the respect. And to some people, that's more important /paulwalker

• Love
Reactions: Brian N
Oh absolutely I did. So if my kids want 2040 Roadsters, they gotta earn it for themselves.

Maybe I should do the reverse mortgage and enjoy the 2020 Roadster.. hmm. ;)

LoL, I know better to not do a reverse mortgage on a car purchase....even though I'm at 50% equity....:p. If you truly think the roadster would be great I figure its better to put that money in $TSLA and watch it grow into the Roadster fund lol.

Reactions: MXWing
What’s the background info? What did you order initially and did you make changes?

-Placed order in 06/26 for performance
-Order changed on 07/25 to AWD by Tesla
-Requested order to be changed back to performance on 07/25 since I didn't request the change.
-new order agreement on 07/26 still for AWD called asking that I want the performance that originally ordered. They claim they fixed the order and it takes time to generate the correct order agreement.
-emailed multiple times on 07/28 and 07/30 for an update.
-Finaly got an order agreement for the performance on 08/01
-Call on 08/01 asking about supercharging because I was worries I would not get it. She said that she would talk to her hire ups
-Recived another order agreement on 08/03 for the same performance car but with different cost breakdown for no reason.
-08/09 she leaves that voicemail

I also got assigned two VINs for AWD cars along the way

Someone screwed bad if they had left my original order from 06/26 for the performance model 3 alone I would probably would have my car in the garage

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
-Requested order to be changed back to performance on 07/25 since I didn't request the change.
-new order agreement on 07/26 still for AWD called asking that I want the performance that originally ordered. They claim they fixed the order and it takes time to generate the correct order agreement.
-Call on 08/01 asking about supercharging because I was worries I would not get it. She said that she would talk to her hire ups
-Recived another order agreement on 08/03 for the same performance car but with different cost breakdown for no reason.

Someone screwed bad if they had left my original order from 06/26 for the performance model 3 alone I would probably would have my car in the garage
That's really frustrating. You should try asking them to retroactively apply a referral code so you can still get it for free. I'd happily give you mine if they allow it since it's likely the only one I'll ever get. PM me if you need, but I hope they fix this for you regardless.

You can get a 2017 Volt premier for $25.000 and it does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. Can save $10.000 per second from 0-60 by going with that instead of a Model 3 AWD.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire

Wow I hope they are able to fix this issue for you. Can’t make up the time loss, but the supercharging should be doable.