Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sold unlimited supercharging and didn’t get it. Tesla has given me the runaround for a month now.
I bought a 3P via a referral link. It said "Free Unlimited Supercharging" on the 3P, as it does now.
I ordered the car then and there, on 8-2-18. The referral was confirmed to the referrer.
However, my account says “Pay Per Use Supercharging”.
The delivery people have been unable to fix it. They “submitted a case”. Thanks.
It has really soured my experience. I love the car, not the company.
I posted on this on Tesla‘s site I was called a troll and a lot of other names suggesting that I am ungrateful. I found that bizarre.

Sorry to hear this story... escalate to senior management using the link on your My Tesla account. :cool:

upload_2018-9-3_16-12-0.png

Reactions: Msjulie
My account also says "Pay Per Use Supercharging" I am grandfathered in to the free supercharging for my P3D (see email text in screen shot below) and I am confident that they will eventually update the account to reflect this. It is just a slow process. In the meantime, they say to keep the receipts and we will be reimbursed. It is hard to understand why this "setting" is so difficult for Tesla to update in our accounts, but t seems like everyone is in the same situation so no need to worry.
IMG_2930 (Edited).jpg

Reactions: Pollux
Need advice. I placed my initial AWD order 6/29. I called 8/11 and upgraded to P3 with PU. I asked customer service if I get unlimited supercharging. He sent me an email confirming this since my initial order was placed on 6/29. Fast forward to now, my IDA is now telling me that this is not the case and they go by the modification date. I didn't use a referral code during the 8/11 upgrade. My IDA put a case in to add the referral code. In the event they won't do this, what should I do@. I think this is silly since I can just reorder and as the referral code, but I might not get my deposit back. I understand that Tesla is working hard to deliver as many vehicles by month end, but the journey had been frustrating. Any ideas?

Initial order 6/29 White with black interior awd
Modified order 8/11 black with black interior p3 with pup
Assigned IDA 9/8
Scheduled delivery 9/28
Non owner

Need advice. I placed my initial AWD order 6/29. I called 8/11 and upgraded to P3 with PU. I asked customer service if I get unlimited supercharging. He sent me an email confirming this since my initial order was placed on 6/29. Fast forward to now, my IDA is now telling me that this is not the case and they go by the modification date. I didn't use a referral code during the 8/11 upgrade. My IDA put a case in to add the referral code. In the event they won't do this, what should I do@. I think this is silly since I can just reorder and as the referral code, but I might not get my deposit back. I understand that Tesla is working hard to deliver as many vehicles by month end, but the journey had been frustrating. Any ideas?

Initial order 6/29 White with black interior awd
Modified order 8/11 black with black interior p3 with pup
Assigned IDA 9/8
Scheduled delivery 9/28
Non owner

Escalate it. I was in a similar situation, and I have free supercharging because they accepted my $2500 in late May. They honored that date, rather than the date in July that I changed my order to P.

Escalate it. I was in a similar situation, and I have free supercharging because they accepted my $2500 in late May. They honored that date, rather than the date in July that I changed my order to P.
For you it, would matter. You would have been grandfather'sgra since any p3 orders before August 1 would get supercharging. My problem is that my modified order is after August 1.

For you it, would matter. You would have been grandfather'sgra since any p3 orders before August 1 would get supercharging. My problem is that my modified order is after August 1.

I called them before I modified the order. They said that the unlimited LTE and unlimited supercharging were based on the $2500 deposit date, not on the modification date.

That being said, my status still says Pay Per Use Supercharging but I only picked up the car this past weekend.

My account also says "Pay Per Use Supercharging" I am grandfathered in to the free supercharging for my P3D (see email text in screen shot below) and I am confident that they will eventually update the account to reflect this. It is just a slow process. In the meantime, they say to keep the receipts and we will be reimbursed. It is hard to understand why this "setting" is so difficult for Tesla to update in our accounts, but t seems like everyone is in the same situation so no need to worry.
View attachment 331641
Same here. I'm supposed to have free charging for life. It is incredibly stupid that they haven't updated this to reflect what was promised. That should be a very simple fix and worries me that I might not actually get the free charging.

Mine went from saying nothing, me getting email saying you now have free supercharging to now the car says pay for use, sigh

I called them before I modified the order. They said that the unlimited LTE and unlimited supercharging were based on the $2500 deposit date, not on the modification date.

That being said, my status still says Pay Per Use Supercharging but I only picked up the car this past weekend.

FWIW, I picked up August 10th. MyTesla account page still says PPU Supercharging, but the car has never shown any PPU charging stats.

I got an "executive review" response from someone with the title of "Executive Care" and was told:
Thank you for contacting Tesla Executive Care. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. I understand that you still do not have free unlimited supercharging activated on your vehicle and sorry for the delayed process. It should be activated on your vehicle with firmware update. I do not have any ETA currently however, hope you receive it soon.
Please feel free to reach out to me in case of any further questions/concerns.

Since I am being charged after each supercharging, I wrote back and asked how to get a refund and got another response:
The refund process will start only after the free supercharging is activated on your vehicle. I will keep this loop open and assist you with the refund.Let me know if you have any questions.
A bit frustrating, but I don't doubt it'll get resolved.

Another Dual Motor 3 Performance owner here still wondering if this has gotten resolved by anyone. Delivery was on September 2nd and I've visited about six different Supercharger sites in that time - And been charged for all but the first two instances.

I was assured by email from Tesla ( David C | Global Executive Care) confirming my free status, even though the website says pay per use. I stopped by a Tesla service center this week and was assured that they would correct the status and refund all Supercharger charges by the end of the month. Let's see what happens.

Mine says Pay per use supercharging, but I've never been charged.

I've supercharged about 3-4 times.

I ordered on July 31st right before the first cutoff. The one where you didn't need a referral.

Hopefully they'll get the info page on the site straightened out.

I didn't get free supercharging either, even though I used a referral code when I ordered.... Hopefully it gets cleared up soon, but people haven't been very responsive.
Even without the referral you should have been grandfathered in as you ordered before the Aug 1st cut-off date the P3D to get free supercharging without a referral.

Have you supercharged yet? Keep in mind the website says pay per use supercharging for EVERYONE with a Model 3 regardless of whether they have free supercharging or not.

Keep in mind the free supercharging is only for the duration you own the car. So it could be that the website is simply saying options that are locked to the car.

This one is locked to an owner, and not the car. So that could be why it's showing that for everyone with a Model 3.

I've never been charged for supercharging despite it saying pay per use.

Even without the referral you should have been grandfathered in as you ordered before the Aug 1st cut-off date the P3D to get free supercharging without a referral.

Have you supercharged yet? Keep in mind the website says pay per use supercharging for EVERYONE with a Model 3 regardless of whether they have free supercharging or not.

Keep in mind the free supercharging is only for the duration you own the car. So it could be that the website is simply saying options that are locked to the car.

This one is locked to an owner, and not the car. So that could be why it's showing that for everyone with a Model 3.

I've never been charged for supercharging despite it saying pay per use.
I'll try it out soon. Maybe next week. My friend said the referral isn't showing up for him. I would like him to get his free wall connector.

I took delivery August 10th. MyTesla page says "PPU supercharging".

I've driven nearly 5,000 miles and Supercharged at least 5 times, and have not yet been charged.

Ignore your Tesla page and just look in the car. when you're charging, if the screen has blank white space on the bottom right corner, you're good. If it shows what you're being charged for the Supercharging session, open a ticket through your MyTesla page.

• Informative
Reactions: e-FTW