Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I ordered my performance model 3 in July with no referral code I still get free supercharging? Where does it say this officially? I can't find it.
Model3PerformanceSuperchargingBeforeAug1.png

Reactions: Sasmania
Can someone help me with this logic. I was not really interested in the 11k for the P upgrade as I'm sure I'll get tickets with it anyway and 11k felt steep. My main reasoning for wanting to switch is the free supercharging is nice for while I own the car helping reduce the depreciation and would essentially help with the resale value over time for the future owner to have the free supercharging. Am I loco for this to be my driving force for the order change?

I would think you would be eligible to both mobile connectivity and free supercharging for life. Best to check with your OA.
Yeah, I'll call tomorrow

Can someone help me with this logic. I was not really interested in the 11k for the P upgrade as I'm sure I'll get tickets with it anyway and 11k felt steep. My main reasoning for wanting to switch is the free supercharging is nice for while I own the car helping reduce the depreciation and would essentially help with the resale value over time for the future owner to have the free supercharging. Am I loco for this to be my driving force for the order change?

Yeah, I'll call tomorrow
It will not help reducing depreciation or resale because *this* free unlimited supercharging does not transfer to the next owner. If you need a lot of SpC it has its value, but not more than few grand.

Last edited:
free supercharging is nice for while I own the car helping reduce the depreciation and would essentially help with the resale value over time for the future owner to have the free supercharging.
Read carefully the image in the post above yours:
Free unlimited Supercharging will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
If you had a newborn... 1/3rd of 1 penny for a bear. :D

When is your P Model 3 due anyway as your sig had one on order?

My counter argument to the horribly depreciating P Model 3 (which would outstrip the value of free SC credits by a tremendous margin) is I will want to hang on to my P Model 3 for the next 40 years.. just to keep the unlimited SC credits.

You can't scare me on the 39th year depreciation after I've had it for 38 already. ;)

That PM3 is going to be a part of my estate... great grandkids are going to fight over who gets the car with unlimited SC.

If you’re 9 months out, they’ll cut you a check if you bring a positive pregnancy test.

That collective groan you hear is from the Supercharger network. I don’t worry too much about Tesla’s existence but this move really strikes me as a terrible policy that smacks of financial desperation. Of course I realize those of you who benefit can’t understand my worry as you are too busy dancing.

I don't worry about it. This is for P 3s only, and only for the original owners. Do you know what percentage of the 3 fleet will be Ps? Me either, but it's low. And most of those won't choose to Supercharge just to save a few dollars.

The vast majority of the full 3 fleet will pay for Supercharging and therefore the percentage of owners who Supercharge to save a few bucks will be slim

Anyone know if its possible to apply a referral code to an existing Performance order? I'm getting the supercharging anyway, but I'd be awfully nice if I and someone else could work out an arrangement where I get a free wall charger (minus shipping?) and they get another referral closer to a reward they want. ;)