Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-Placed order in 06/26 for performance
-Order changed on 07/25 to AWD by Tesla
-Requested order to be changed back to performance on 07/25 since I didn't request the change.
-new order agreement on 07/26 still for AWD called asking that I want the performance that originally ordered. They claim they fixed the order and it takes time to generate the correct order agreement.
-emailed multiple times on 07/28 and 07/30 for an update.
-Finaly got an order agreement for the performance on 08/01
-Call on 08/01 asking about supercharging because I was worries I would not get it. She said that she would talk to her hire ups
-Recived another order agreement on 08/03 for the same performance car but with different cost breakdown for no reason.
-08/09 she leaves that voicemail

I also got assigned two VINs for AWD cars along the way

Someone screwed bad if they had left my original order from 06/26 for the performance model 3 alone I would probably would have my car in the garage

You will get the supercharging just by placing a new order off the street right now. You also get the benefit of being able to use a referral code and someone kind might just give you the reward.

The real issues are:

1 - Lifetime premium data connectivity - went away July 1st
2 - Increased costs for delivery and paint - increased a few days ago

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: juanmedina
This means that you’re paying $10,000 to go 1 Second Faster at a price of around 300,000+ (300 thousand+) Miles that you will spend paying the Tesla Supercharging Station ???
$10,000/$7.50 to Fill a charge of 250 Mile Range 1,333 times 350= 333,333miles

And it’s not even $7.50 to charge.

Am I correct with this math ?
If so I will rather go into the dual non performance and save $10k

If you can't afford the Performance Model, then don't get it. Some of us are in a different financial situation and can spend money on these bells and whistles and not have to penny pinch and analyze every point of the purchase.

-Placed order in 06/26 for performance
-Order changed on 07/25 to AWD by Tesla
-Requested order to be changed back to performance on 07/25 since I didn't request the change.
-new order agreement on 07/26 still for AWD called asking that I want the performance that originally ordered. They claim they fixed the order and it takes time to generate the correct order agreement.
-emailed multiple times on 07/28 and 07/30 for an update.
-Finaly got an order agreement for the performance on 08/01
-Call on 08/01 asking about supercharging because I was worries I would not get it. She said that she would talk to her hire ups
-Recived another order agreement on 08/03 for the same performance car but with different cost breakdown for no reason.
-08/09 she leaves that voicemail

I also got assigned two VINs for AWD cars along the way

Someone screwed bad if they had left my original order from 06/26 for the performance model 3 alone I would probably would have my car in the garage

I feel for you... do not give up on this issue and escalate to senior management if necessary. :cool:

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
You will get the supercharging just by placing a new order off the street right now. You also get the benefit of being able to use a referral code and someone kind might just give you the reward.

The real issues are:

1 - Lifetime premium data connectivity - went away July 1st
2 - Increased costs for delivery and paint - increased a few days ago

If I was the OP I'd try to push it up the ladder because the amount of changes are REALLY significant, and he's really getting screwed.

If he places a new order off the street right now there is a risk that he won't get it by the end of the year, and that means he'll lose out on half the tax credit. Not to mention losing out on the two items you mention.

Reactions: MXWing
Wow I hope they are able to fix this issue for you. Can’t make up the time loss, but the supercharging should be doable.

I feel for you... do not give up on this issue and escalate to senior management if necessary. :cool:

We just talk to her and she said that even thought I put the order in June and they didn't fix my order in time I will not get supercharging. We told her that all theissues were on there side and we didn't do anything wrong. Than we mentioned that we ask her to add the referral code and she said: what email?.... she is going to try to see if she can add the referral code and let us know later today or Monday.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
We just talk to her and she said that even thought I put the order in June and they didn't fix my order in time I will not get supercharging. We told her that all theissues were on there side and we didn't do anything wrong. Than we mentioned that we ask her to add the referral code and she said: what email?.... she is going to try to see if she can add the referral code and let us know later today or Monday.

She is bonkers. What they need to do is:

1 - Set your order / build priority to June 2018
2 - Price the car as if it was ordered in June 2018
3 - Give you premium lifetime internet and BY TRANSITIVE PROPERTIES OF ALL ORDERS PLACED IN JUNE...

- include free supercharging without the use of any code or special process.

Not that hard..

Can you refer yourself?

and yes.

She is bonkers. What they need to do is:

1 - Set your order / build priority to June 2018
2 - Price the car as if it was ordered in June 2018
3 - Give you premium lifetime internet and BY TRANSITIVE PROPERTIES OF ALL ORDERS PLACED IN JUNE...

- include free supercharging without the use of any code or special process.

Not that hard..

Exactly. I'm one of those affected by the Tesla change on 7/25, my order was 6/26. I haven't been contacted yet, but I *should* get all the properties or orders placed in June.

Tried Supercharging again yesterday and although the Tesla screen showed a charge amount when done there is no pending charge on my credit card account when I checked today like there was when I tried on Tuesday.

For those with an S/X and free Supercharging, does your Tesla screen still show a charge amount ($) even though it is free?

Tried Supercharging again yesterday and although the Tesla screen showed a charge amount when done there is no pending charge on my credit card account when I checked today like there was when I tried on Tuesday.

For those with an S/X and free Supercharging, does your Tesla screen still show a charge amount ($) even though it is free?

No Model 3s accepted a referral code until very recently. If I was close to an awesome tier like a free Powerwall I would have cancelled on premium internet perk and reorder my car.

No Model 3s accepted a referral code until very recently. If I was close to an awesome tier like a free Powerwall I would have cancelled on premium internet perk and reorder my car.
Sorry, I don't understand your response to my question.

I have a Performance Model 3 ordered before Aug 1 so I have free Supercharging without the need for any referral code. I am just trying to verify when it actually becomes active on my account. I understand they should refund any charges, like the one on Tuesday, once they get their systems updated.

Anyone know if there are any issues with having two people on the title of the car and unlimited supercharging?

Who would I ask about this? Since Unlimted Supercharging doesn’t follow the car. Is it just linked to one person then? I am having someone co-sign with me for the car.

Anyone know if there are any issues with having two people on the title of the car and unlimited supercharging?

Who would I ask about this? Since Unlimted Supercharging doesn’t follow the car. Is it just linked to one person then? I am having someone co-sign with me for the car.

Title won’t be relevant. When car leaves the my tesla account I bet is when FUSC goes.

My understanding is unlimited supercharging is tied to the car not the owner; thus some/many used Model S available private or from Tesla may have it..

I see on model 3 forum (where OP also asked :) )

Understanding Tesla’s new Supercharger access for Model S and Model X

For owners with vehicles ordered before January 15, 2017, nothing changes for their vehicles and they are still on the original Supercharger access program with free Supercharger for the life of the vehicles.

What changes for vehicles ordered after January 15, 2017, is that they are now not only off of the paid model with 400 kWh in free Supercharger credit per year, but they have now free Supercharging access for the life of their Tesla Model S or Model X ownership – meaning that unlike the original free Supercharger access model, the free access is associated with the owner instead of the vehicle.

Time to check with Tesla to confirm but don't worry I'd say

I have a Performance Model 3 ordered before Aug 1 so I have free Supercharging without the need for any referral code. I am just trying to verify when it actually becomes active on my account. I understand they should refund any charges, like the one on Tuesday, once they get their systems updated.

I received an email from Tesla confirming free Supercharger access prior to taking delivery of my Model 3 Performance. Likely you shall too.

I received an email from Tesla confirming free Supercharger access prior to taking delivery of my Model 3 Performance. Likely you shall too.