Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can get unlimited supercharging for Performance Model 3's via referrals. Is this new? I don't recall seeing this a week ago when I checked.

Tesla Referral Program

Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance
Share your referral code to give five of your friends free unlimited Supercharging with a new Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance.

Sure is. This is new too:

After September 16, 2018, full unlimited Supercharging will go away and owners will be able to give friends one year of unlimited Supercharging.

As someone taking delivery of a p3d this Saturday, wonder if I can get this perk??

The FAQ has this to say-

Tesla.com said:
My friend just took delivery of a new Tesla vehicle, but forgot to use my code. Can they apply it retroactively?
Referral codes must be applied at the time of the order being placed and cannot be applied retroactively.

I am a current owner of a Model 3 Performance. Will I be eligible for free, unlimited Supercharging?
Yes. Existing Model 3 Performance owners will receive free, unlimited Supercharging. Please allow three weeks for the change to be applied to your vehicle account. Existing Model 3 Performance owners will also be able to offer free, unlimited Supercharging with to new Model S, Model X and Model 3 Performance orders.

So initially I was gonna say it sounds like anyone who already ordered or took delivery is out of luck.

But the second one makes it sound like all 3P owners get it regardless of referral?

Which is pretty confusing.

Yes! It appears so! On the Tesla Referral Program Website: "All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required."
You have got to be kidding me! This is awesome! Cherry on top of my Performance 3.
Because I got out of the referral game a long time ago. Too many of us out there.

F22F13BE-1377-4DF5-9D0D-A4EBC47C0690.png
This too

Reactions: Arpe and e-FTW
Depending on your local supercharger rates the P upgrade pays for itself somewhere around ballpark 600-900 full fill ups FWIW :)

It's really not the actual $ value, but the psychology of free.

One of the reasons I've been hesitant in going from the Model S to the Model 3 is the fact that my Model S has free unlimited supercharging.

From an accounting perspective it's completely laughable. But, from a more human element of getting in my car knowing it won't cost me a cent to go somewhere is massively appealing.

Of course, anyone trading up to get free Supercharging would have to offset that gain against the loss of premium internet connectivity gratis after the first year.

Still, cool that we can now refer Model 3 buyers.