Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging unavailable for model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a 2022 model x 5 seats, I placed this order last year(2021) in February.
My motor vehicle order agreement states that I get unlimited free supercharging but this is not the cases as it says pay as you go on the vehicle. Any idea on what I can do to get this activated or why this is the case? General thought?

Attachments

• 1664F30D-31DD-4F4B-8CE9-692EE6D057EE.jpeg
    1664F30D-31DD-4F4B-8CE9-692EE6D057EE.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 284
I would start by going into your local service center. Particularly if you have a relationship with anyone there. They'll do the best job of telling you if it's possible for someone at the low end of Tesla's totem pole to fix this.

Hopefully I'm not stating the obvious, but don't take it out on them. They are not the problem. They're usually trying to help. You really are almost just on an information gathering expedition when you go into there.

Upvote 0
I would start by going into your local service center. Particularly if you have a relationship with anyone there. They'll do the best job of telling you if it's possible for someone at the low end of Tesla's totem pole to fix this.

Hopefully I'm not stating the obvious, but don't take it out on them. They are not the problem. They're usually trying to help. You really are almost just on an information gathering expedition when you go into there.
I agree in regards to the “don’t take it out of them” I’ve asked a few techs when I went in recently to replace a windshield that was delivered broken. They seemed to have no idea they even offered it anymore and said they don’t even have the ability of doing anything. Another thought I was talking about a super charge referral and when he showed me what it should look like in the app he had like 30-50 of them he said it would appear on mine in 2-3 weeks so I just didn’t even explain.

Upvote 0

does the same language exist on the Monroney Sticker that came with the vehicle? If so, I would say you have a very good shot at getting it enabled.

If it’s just on the order agreement I’m sure they have some language to weasel out of that.

Reactions: jboy210 and mswlogo
Upvote 0
does the same language exist on the Monroney Sticker that came with the vehicle? If so, I would say you have a very good shot at getting it enabled.

If it’s just on the order agreement I’m sure they have some language to weasel out of that.
It's a legal contract so it is enforceable. One party may says it's a mistake or there's no such thing but that's irrelevant because it's a contract. If Tesla didn't like that it should have not taken the money and should not seal the deal.

A real life similar situation is happening with Twitter purchase: the price was agreed on but then one party changed and thought it's agreed on mistake because it's too expensive and it's on hold unless the proof for spam is less than 5%.

Reactions: gaswalla
Upvote 0
It's a legal contract so it is enforceable. One party may says it's a mistake or there's no such thing but that's irrelevant because it's a contract. If Tesla didn't like that it should have not taken the money and should not seal the deal.

A real life similar situation is happening with Twitter purchase: the price was agreed on but then one party changed and thought it's agreed on mistake because it's too expensive and it's on hold unless the proof for spam is less than 5%.
Well if he’s got a contract that says free supercharging then that’s pretty simple. I just think that doesn’t exist and there’s been no evidence on the thread that it does. All the OP has to do is share a screen grab of the Monroney or some other contract showing he’s got it.

Upvote 0

So you obviously also read the limitation of liability language in the order agreement “contract” where it states:

Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequental damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaton Fee.

Internet armchair lawyers are the best.

Upvote 0
So you obviously also read the limitation of liability language in the order agreement “contract” where it states:

Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequental damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaton Fee.

Internet armchair lawyers are the best.
Maybe Tesla is now open to the idea of full refund after delivery now but historically it's like pulling teeth after a proof of lemon car repairs.

Upvote 0
Maybe Tesla is now open to the idea of full refund after delivery now but historically it's like pulling teeth after a proof of lemon car repairs.
I’ll highlight the relevant section again for those who didn’t read the whole paragraph:

Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaton Fee.

And keep in mind this is before you take delivery. After you take delivery, you can feel free to read the binding arbitration clause.

It’s hilarious how people think things should work vs. how they actually work.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Upvote 0
I’ll highlight the relevant section again for those who didn’t read the whole paragraph:

Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaton Fee.

And keep in mind this is before you take delivery. After you take delivery, you can feel free to read the binding arbitration clause.

It’s hilarious how people think things should work vs. how they actually work.
There is no question that the worst penalty that Tesla is Tesla pays back all the cash it took from the customer.

The problem is: Tesla would fight tooth and nail against issuing a full refund.

Upvote 0
Reading comprehension is lacking here…try again?

Sorry to be slow but I kept reading mine on page 3 of 4 of 2018 Model 3 and its context says clearly as full refund, not partial refund:

"Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Payment."

oRdyuuB.jpg

Upvote 0
Well if he’s got a contract that says free supercharging then that’s pretty simple. I just think that doesn’t exist and there’s been no evidence on the thread that it does. All the OP has to do is share a screen grab of the Monroney or some other contract showing he’s got it.

Attachments

• 5269E5E1-4F26-4502-B129-91B9BEFA61E9.jpeg
    5269E5E1-4F26-4502-B129-91B9BEFA61E9.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
Sorry to be slow but I kept reading mine on page 3 of 4 of 2018 Model 3 and its context says clearly as full refund, not partial refund:

"Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Order Payment."

oRdyuuB.jpg
“Order payment”, in 2018 doesn’t mean what you think it does. It does not mean the full price of the vehicle. Back then it was a $1000.

Which is why, today, the language is changed to reflect order fee/deposit.

Upvote 0
“Order payment”, in 2018 doesn’t mean what you think it does. It does not mean the full price of the vehicle. Back then it was a $1000.

Which is why, today, the language is changed to reflect order fee/deposit.
Thanks for your patience with my slowness.

Now I see what you mean. Order payment is not the final total figure made toward the whole purchase cost but only the downpayment/deposit/order fee/reservation fee.

Upvote 0
Anyway to answer the OP's question - when I purchased my Model S in 2019, I bought at a time when Tesla was offering free supercharging as an end of quarter incentive.

I realized several months later that free supercharging was not enabled on my car when I checked the app and saw my supercharging credits were dwindling down. I contacted Tesla through their web support form and they directed my to my local sales advisor at the service center where I purchased my car.

I contacted the local service center (the delivery advisor) with screenshots of the web page from Tesla's web site showing the car was supposed to come with free supercharging and my order agreement that showed free supercharging.

It took a little while but they eventually got it sorted and added the free supercharging to my car so I would definitely start with the local center where you took delivery.

Upvote 0