Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlock ≠ Open Driver's Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Hi,

I recently updated the firmware on my HW 1 X, I can no longer double tap the key (unlock the car) to open the driver's door. I don't want to enable automatic driver's door, I merely want to open the door from the key fob as I use to. How can I enable this?

Thanks

Apologies if this was discussed before, I was abroad and just got back into my X.

I welcome the change :)

Cool! I just have this problem where the auto open function drives me insane is all. I liked the previous option where you could double click twice to open the front doors without one of them auto opening.

The most common reason auto open opened the door for me was I had gone to the garage to take the trash out. I could change my habits to keep the key in the house, but I don't really feel comfortable with auto open anyway.

Reactions: Fiddler
It is annoying that it constantly opens when you're waking around the car in the driveway or garage.
I've found that if I hit the remote 3 times to close all the doors the car shuts all and then sits off while I move about the garage. It no longer responds to me walking up to the door, in fact I have to push the door open bar or hit the remote to open the door. I have to leave the key range and then return before it reacts again.

I've found that if I hit the remote 3 times to close all the doors the car shuts all and then sits off while I move about the garage. It no longer responds to me walking up to the door, in fact I have to push the door open bar or hit the remote to open the door. I have to leave the key range and then return before it reacts again.

I kind of mean in general, not just after locking up. If I have to go to the garage to get or do something, the car opens up. I had the X in the driveway on Sunday, and was walking from the garage to the front yard and back to the garage (multiple times) and every time it would open up.

I kind of mean in general, not just after locking up. If I have to go to the garage to get or do something, the car opens up. I had the X in the driveway on Sunday, and was walking from the garage to the front yard and back to the garage (multiple times) and every time it would open up.
Tesla could easily solve this by adding an option to "keep car unlocked at this location". I sent them a request a while ago but who knows if they will ever implement it.