Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlock 3 with Apple Watch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another option is to install Homebridge (Homebridge), which is a free small server application that allows many non Apple HomeKit devices to be used with HomeKit (and therefore Siri). The details are beyond a single post, but there is a Tesla plugin and it supports multiple vehicles on the same account (we have an X and 3P). It's convenient at the store as I'm walking to the car to say "Hey Siri, open the Model X trunk".

Is it possible to unlock the Model 3 using only my Apple Watch without the iPhone? Would be great for those situations where I don't carry my phone or if my phone battery dies.

I had a funny experience where the Tesla app showed up on my Garmin 4 (Android phone) I only saw it twice but it worked only through the phone and wouldn't have of the phone were dead (or not there)

I use “stats” which will let me unlock the car and drive it along with the usual (climate, open trunk/drunk, etc). My Apple Watch has lte so i don’t need to carry my phone or worry if it runs out of battery as long as i have cell coverage. It uses the api not nfc.

Can you link to that, specifically? I’m interested, mainly as a backup if I lose the phone or battery dies. I do have an LTE Apple Watch.

I've got Stats, AutoMate and EV Watch, and they all have AppleWatch apps that allow you to unlock the car and start it, over LTE. Stats cost the most, AutoMate is just 99c a year, and EV Watch was just $1.

Reactions: AC2DC
There is a newer app called 'Watch App for Tesla' and it's pretty good! Does most of the controls that app will and has battery life and complications for different faces.

This app is great. I talked to the Dev on reddit and he was really receptive. I had some suggestions to increase sleep and a few other things and he was thrilled to get feedback like that.

Initially I used Stats, which was good despite being really ugly. I discovered through trial and error though that it was causing 12 miles a day of phantom drain. The watch app lets you set how often it pings your car and has cut that down to 3 miles for me, which is acceptable.

My suggestion was to have a setting where it will ping every x hours except not ping at night from y to z o'clock. That'll reduce it further.

I second ‎Watch app for Tesla

The dev is an hobbyist with great potential. I like how it doesn't require a separate iPhone app and it's cheaper than other apps. It greatly improved in the latest versions (more feature, faster overall). I didn't test the other app because they where more expensive, but this one works great. Only downside, I would like a more esthetic complication for my watch face, but I'm sure it will come in time.

Reactions: DipStick

The dev is an hobbyist with great potential. I like how it doesn't require a separate iPhone app and it's cheaper than other apps. It greatly improved in the latest versions (more feature, faster overall). I didn't test the other app because they where more expensive, but this one works great. Only downside, I would like a more esthetic complication for my watch face, but I'm sure it will come in time.

Ok..sold. It.s $4. If its no good, no biggie.

Reactions: malou
get the “Watch app for Tesla” works great

Ya, I got it - price is good! What I cannot figure out: when you generate an access token for this app, is it something that you’ll need to renew, or is it a refresh token that will auto renew? I used a Siri Shortcut to get a token that I found out about on this site: Generate access token