Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlock charge plug without opening door...THANK YOU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pushed the rear door handle in a ½", and that would be enough for me to release the charge plug. No big deal.
Of course that assumes you have your cellphone or keycard on you every time you are in the garage. This is the only useful feature of this latest release and I love it. The stoplight crap is still crap but will probably be useful within 6 months or so.

With the new update 2020.24.6.1 now that my car won’t automatically lock at home which is a great feature, you can now pull out the charge plug without having to wake up your car or open the door which is amazing! Thank you Tesla, it is the little things like this that make it so great!

totally agree. Nice addition, just another example of tesla changing their features to alleviate user pain points.

Reactions: X-pilot
Yeah I would usually pull open the trunk slightly to unlock the car.

I don’t know if I want to leave it unlocked at home though. Even If it is in the garage I’m not comfortable with doing that yet. Maybe I’ll come around to it.

I really like the new feature that allows you to park at home and walk away without locking the car. However... I have the “Stats” app installed on my iPhone. I like this app because it provides some interesting analysis and info. But, apparently this app also checks the car from time to time, and when it discovers that the car is unlocked (even though in the garage), the app LOCKS the car and sends me this notification on my iPhone....
698E8313-3372-430A-81B9-60B9268E4A91.jpeg

Does anyone know how to deal with this, other than removing the Stats app?

I really like the new feature that allows you to park at home and walk away without locking the car. However... I have the “Stats” app installed on my iPhone. I like this app because it provides some interesting analysis and info. But, apparently this app also checks the car from time to time, and when it discovers that the car is unlocked (even though in the garage), the app LOCKS the car and sends me this notification on my iPhone....
View attachment 558681

I don't use this app, but since the "Don't Lock While at Home" feature is fairly new, I'd imagine that the app developer will have to add an update to accommodate this new feature. Maybe you can contact the app developer through your app store and let them know about it?

View attachment 558681

Send the developer a message thru the app. He's very active, so I'm sure he'll fix this right away.

View attachment 558681

If you go in stats settings it’s the should lock car if unlocked and unoccupied toggle
35717DF2-7DA6-437C-8790-A5338B6A054D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mrau