TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Unlock from App and re-lock?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by llngoc, Jul 4, 2016.

1. llngoc

llngoc Member

On my previous Model S, when I unlocked the car with the Tesla App, it will stay unlocked until the next time I drive it or lock it explicitly. It is useful when I parked the car in the garage and need to go back into the car to grab stuff without the key. But with the Model X, the door re-locks itself after a certain time period which is kind of annoying. Does anyone know if there is anyway to change this behavior? I looked in the settings menu but was not able to locate any relevant settings for it.

2. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I can't test this right now (car is getting PPF). However, most vehicles will auto-lock within a period of time if no doors are opened after unlocking. Could you try to open a door (then close it) to see if it prevents it from relocking?

3. llngoc

llngoc Member

It will still unlock itself. And on the Model S, once it is unlocked from the app, it stayed unlocked.