TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unlock Google Maps Navigation

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MacMasi, Jul 28, 2018.

1. MacMasi

MacMasi Member

Hello, I bought a Tesla and brought it to Brazil. Here I put a 4G data sim card... I can use Google Maps, but point-to-point navigation doesn’t works.

Does anyone know how can I enable this option?

2. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Tesla use google maps for display but doesn’t use it for navigation. Navigation is done locally on your car and can work even without any internet connection, though it can use he internet to get live traffic data to improve routing. I may not be possible to get routing to work in Brazil if Tesla doesn’t official support that region yet.

You replaced the sim on the Tesla MCU and it enabled data access for the car?

3. MacMasi

MacMasi Member

Yes, it has LTE and 3G running normally.

4. endriti

endriti New Member

I have a TESLA S 100D that I purchased in US
    Can I swap the SIM from behind the MCU with a Local SIM?
    You are saying that yours works fine?

5. MacMasi

MacMasi Member

Yes, it works super well. I changed mine in Brazil and I'm using the VIVO operator and it works perfect.

• Informative x 1
  6. endriti

endriti New Member

I heard that Tesla S 2017 has 2 sim cards, Which one did you swap? The one behind the MCU?
    Did you receive the Updates of the car after swapping the SIM?

7. endriti

endriti New Member

I heard that Tesla S 2017 has 2 sim cards, Which one did you swap? The one behind the MCU?
    Did you receive the Updates of the car after swapping the SIM?