Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlock on Park function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Is anyone using the "Unlock on Park" function?

I have experience that when I turn OFF this function, every time I press the "P" button, all the handle will release. From my understanding, this function should only release the handle when it is "ON". I tried the RESET the 17" touch screen, which as told by the technical support, but still have the same issue.

Called and schedule with service centre for further check, but the schedule will be two weeks later.

Is there anyone have the same issue?

Warmly regards,
Carmel Lee

Hi Carmel,

I am experiencing this issue as well. Despite the setting set to "OFF," my doors unlock (i.e. the handles auto-present) as soon as I push the "P" button. The Tesla service center in Sunnyvale, CA is at a loss as well. Yesterday, we updated the firmware to version 17.24.30, and still, no dice. The doors still unlock and the handles auto-present when they shouldn't. We have tried just about every combination of settings, including cycling every one of them, to no avail. Resetting the screen did not change anything either.

Were you able to resolve the issue? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks,
BlackBolt