TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unlock Settings

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Smitty79, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

I've been having problems with unlocks. Sometimes I walk up to my car and it's unlocked before I get to the door. Sometimes I have to select the app and let it sync before it unlocks. In both cases, the app is running. Most recently, I ran into the grocery store and when I came out, I had to sync to the car to unlock.

This sounds like some kind of setting issue. Would someone please help?

2. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Try deleting your phone from the system and reinstalling.

3. 21miDay

21miDay Member

I had this problem quite a bit until I started holding my phone in my hand as I walked to the car. If the phone was in my bag it wasn't recognized and even if I took it out of the bag at the door the car still didn't see it.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

The is probably just not hearing the phone. I keep mine in back pocket, and often have to turn around for a sec to let the phone hear me

5. 640k

640k Member

i don't understand what you mean by "not hearing the phone"? the car/key interacts through bluetooth. BT is range limited and cannot penetrate objects, which greatly reduces the range. more times than not, I've observed that people that complain about the phone and car not interacting, it's usually the phone.

there are a few things you can do to make sure your phone and vehicle interact (such as taking it out of your pocket) but my advice would be to make sure you keep your keycard with you at all times.

6. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

The car can not hear the Bluetooth from the phone.