Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlocking Car w Android/GPS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been so annoyed with my car for a while now.. I can never get my stupid GPS sound to not auto mute itself. anyone else having this problem. also, My phone has tesla GPS always on but when i walk to my car 25% of the time i look stupid because it wont unlock. i have to either unlock my phone or open the app. This happened with my ATT Note10+ or my Note20 Ultra... I brought it into tesla and they said their S8 worked fine.... someone find me a solution please haha

I never had that problem with my 1973 Ford Torino. Seriously, I found the same difficulties with my MY so frustrating that I purchased the remote fob and tap the hood twice whenever I want to get into the car. Much less frustrating for me than turning on the phone's Airplane mode and turning it off...over and over.

Reactions: shiftkenny
The car not unlocking is not due to tesla, is it due to your phone.
Your phone saves battery by not constantly broadcasting the signal and this problem is much worse when you have battery save mode (on your phone) turned on.
This is why when you unlock or turn your phone screen on, that it unlocks the car almost immediately.

You can buy a FOB or maybe a tesla ring so that you can unlock with ease. The problem with the ring is you'll only be able to open it on one door.

Reactions: Gasaraki
I've been so annoyed with my car for a while now.. I can never get my stupid GPS sound to not auto mute itself. anyone else having this problem. also, My phone has tesla GPS always on but when i walk to my car 25% of the time i look stupid because it wont unlock. i have to either unlock my phone or open the app. This happened with my ATT Note10+ or my Note20 Ultra... I brought it into tesla and they said their S8 worked fine.... someone find me a solution please haha

I had a pixel 3 and never had a problem. Bought an S20 and I had to unlock the phone to unlock the car. Now I have a pixel 5 and it's flawless again.

It's the battery optimizing feature of the samsung phones that shuts everything down. If you turn off battery optimization it should work alot better.

I had a pixel 3 and never had a problem. Bought an S20 and I had to unlock the phone to unlock the car. Now I have a pixel 5 and it's flawless again.

It's the battery optimizing feature of the samsung phones that shuts everything down. If you turn off battery optimization it should work alot better.
Trying this right now. Realized that the Optimizing battery is not a good thing for this app.. THis whole time i thought it meant optimizing to always be on hahhahaha